Toy Horse

Sahahne

The designer of that horse is a member of Crochetville or used to be. That pattern was in one of the crochet mags and was put on that website shortly after the mag came out. It was supposed to be removed, if I recall correctly, as the site owner didn't have permission from the designer and/or magazine to publish it. I 'think' tho, that the mag bought the rights from the designer and since the designer didn't have a say about it and the mag did nothing about the copyright laws, the pattern stayed up. Just a bit of info on the pattern. The pattern also comes with instructions to make the horse a unicorn.

Love the colours, you've chosen beautiful shades of blue! And the horse looks fantastic!

I still have that magazine, been wanting to make one up ever since I got it(I especially like the unicorn), but still haven't found the time.

Sally

Thanks for the info Diamond. The designer did post in this thread and I PM'd her. But based on that info I have removed the link from my original post. Most things I have shared here in the past have been from books, not websites so I'm always a bit uncertain about what can/can't be shared (and I have read the copyright posts on the 'ville more than once :) ). Don't want to be doing something to hurt a designer, I'd be lost without people like that! :)

I have the Crochet World mag that is in! I made both, the horse for my youngest son and the unicorn for my daughter back when it was first published. I really should take pics of them, but they are so worn and floppy now LOL

Your's is adorable! I love the colors! Great job on it! :manyheart

Phoenix,

I actually didn't set out to make a blue horse... :) It just happened that I had a huge ball of blue wool that I wanted to use up (it was getting all knotty and tangled and I wanted it out of my stash!), and not being sure how much wool the horse would take, thought it would be perfect! So I just found the lighter blue to match and voila! Blue Horse! :manyheart

i love this! it looks quite similar to a My Little Pony crocheted in those colours :) Jessi'd want it if she saw it!!

Archived