minwifeof4boys

Holiday Mystery CAL

;) ...I am working on 2 patterns right now and can't decide which to do... anyhow... for those of you who are going to participate you'll need white, red & green..WW is fine...

....If your a newbie... what I do is every day for about a week, I post 5-8 rows of a pattern( these are my own so if you share please give me the credit;) .....

So.... the Mystery CAL will start a week from tomorrow.... polish up those hooks and get ready!!!!

i hope this is as much fun as the one for halloween was. you are just great to do this for us. i am ready with the yarn and hooks. may be if things go well we could have time to do both of your projects.

:jumpyayI"m definately in on this one. I'm glad you're waiting till next week to start because of the 6 day square along :D Unfortunately I haven't made my Halloween one into a pillow yet :blush I'll get to it sooner or later :lol

Gotta make more squares!! :hyper

:tdance

I'm in !!!!!!!!:yes

I missed the last one.. so YYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY...:clap . I am early enough for this one...

( love MYSTERIES )

ty for doing this :hug

OH goody!! I can't wait!! We are going out of town for Thanksgiving--when are you thinking of starting??

Min, you know that I'm in! Don't even have to shop for the colors and this gives me time to finish up Tory's afghan. Hey, did you get to see the sun today? I did.

This sounds like fun! Am I allowed to ask if it would turn out terrible if I do it in thread? That way I wouldn't have to go shopping.

I just have this terrible feeling that I am going to be doing this one :think

huyep :cowgirl :yes:lol

I'm in!

This sounds like fun! Am I allowed to ask if it would turn out terrible if I do it in thread? That way I wouldn't have to go shopping.

Thread might be interesting... give the old college try! What is the worst that could happen? Yes... by all means....thread

All right!! I get to join in this time....can't wait! :)

I've been wanting to going a CAL and this one sounds perfect! I have one question though, how much yarn of each colour is required? Is one skein enough? (I bet you can tell I've never done this before!) :)

Well about a half skein of white.... 1/3 green and 1/3 red should do it.... AND... I ahve meant to post to you specialkate, I live in North Carolina but... I ahve a freind Miranda who lives near nelson, BC... small world!!!! She says its awesome quaint shops ...her kiddos take suzuki violin lessons there....

Neato! I will have to go get some wool this weekend! And I agree! Nelson has some great little shops! For a town with a population less than 10,000 it certainly has the best shopping I have ever seen! Another (probably silly) question for you: Where do you post the CAL instructions? Under this thread in the reply column? on your blog? I am a little confused (and obviously a newbie). I tried looking it up on your halloween blog but it didn't make things much clearer....:scrachin

I'll post the CAL on this thread but I update the title... So it says "Update post 44 " or something like that.... and if you have acrylic you can use that... you don't really need wool unless you want to...If you want to read about my friend who lives near Nelson then you can go to my blog, looks at my blog friends list and she is something like moominmama or soemthing... she actually lives in a smaller town of 600. Her hubby is a GP at a tiny hospital near there and she is a GP too but chooses to stay home and raise her children...A very cool person!

Lea,

I'll be participating as well! :hook I'm sure I have enough of those colors on hand and have already subbed to this thread to remind me!

Can't wait to start! :yay

Hey Lea,

I think I will join, but I havent done crochet using a chart meaning I havent used more than one color in one row. Is this hard?

Hey Lea,

I think I will join, but I havent done crochet using a chart meaning I havent used more than one color in one row. Is this hard?

You just cut one end and start with the next color, then stitch over the loose ends. That way you don't have any ends to weave in. That's how I do it.

I'll be watching for the first set of instructions, I'd like to follow along also! :clap

Hey Lea,

I PROMISE this will be easy.... It won't even seem like your doing a graph... I simply post sttiches to do.... the folks who did the Halloween one were suprised how easy it was.... You're going to do fine....

With this graph the piece is small enough that you will be able to carry the colors behind the work ( no need for bobbins or anyhting)....

AND... we're all here to encourage and cheer each other on....

I think I might have to try this one. I enjoyed the holloween one. Would christmas red and green work? They have the little speakles in them.