Holiday Mystery CAL

minwifeof4boys

;) ...I am working on 2 patterns right now and can't decide which to do... anyhow... for those of you who are going to participate you'll need white, red & green..WW is fine...

....If your a newbie... what I do is every day for about a week, I post 5-8 rows of a pattern( these are my own so if you share please give me the credit;) .....

So.... the Mystery CAL will start a week from tomorrow.... polish up those hooks and get ready!!!!

i hope this is as much fun as the one for halloween was. you are just great to do this for us. i am ready with the yarn and hooks. may be if things go well we could have time to do both of your projects.

:jumpyayI"m definately in on this one. I'm glad you're waiting till next week to start because of the 6 day square along :D Unfortunately I haven't made my Halloween one into a pillow yet :blush I'll get to it sooner or later :lol

Gotta make more squares!! :hyper

:tdance

This sounds like fun! Am I allowed to ask if it would turn out terrible if I do it in thread? That way I wouldn't have to go shopping.

Thread might be interesting... give the old college try! What is the worst that could happen? Yes... by all means....thread

Well about a half skein of white.... 1/3 green and 1/3 red should do it.... AND... I ahve meant to post to you specialkate, I live in North Carolina but... I ahve a freind Miranda who lives near nelson, BC... small world!!!! She says its awesome quaint shops ...her kiddos take suzuki violin lessons there....

Neato! I will have to go get some wool this weekend! And I agree! Nelson has some great little shops! For a town with a population less than 10,000 it certainly has the best shopping I have ever seen! Another (probably silly) question for you: Where do you post the CAL instructions? Under this thread in the reply column? on your blog? I am a little confused (and obviously a newbie). I tried looking it up on your halloween blog but it didn't make things much clearer....:scrachin

I'll post the CAL on this thread but I update the title... So it says "Update post 44 " or something like that.... and if you have acrylic you can use that... you don't really need wool unless you want to...If you want to read about my friend who lives near Nelson then you can go to my blog, looks at my blog friends list and she is something like moominmama or soemthing... she actually lives in a smaller town of 600. Her hubby is a GP at a tiny hospital near there and she is a GP too but chooses to stay home and raise her children...A very cool person!

Hey Lea,

I think I will join, but I havent done crochet using a chart meaning I havent used more than one color in one row. Is this hard?

You just cut one end and start with the next color, then stitch over the loose ends. That way you don't have any ends to weave in. That's how I do it.

Hey Lea,

I think I will join, but I havent done crochet using a chart meaning I havent used more than one color in one row. Is this hard?

I PROMISE this will be easy.... It won't even seem like your doing a graph... I simply post sttiches to do.... the folks who did the Halloween one were suprised how easy it was.... You're going to do fine....

With this graph the piece is small enough that you will be able to carry the colors behind the work ( no need for bobbins or anyhting)....

AND... we're all here to encourage and cheer each other on....

Archived