I need a piggy pattern...

Guest flyingmouse77

Question

Guest flyingmouse77

Hello! I'm new here. :)) I'm trying to find a pattern for one of these: :pig How convenient that you would have an emoticon depicting one! :rofl Specifically, I'd like to find a pattern for a nice stuffed toy pig. A friend of mine has a three year old daughter who loves pigs, and I would like to make a toy pig for her. Any ideas?

Thank you!!

The Mouse

10 answers to this question

I would check www.crochetpatterncentral.com first, and then try www.freepatterns.com.

If you're willing to pay for a pattern, check ebay for crochet animal patterns. You might be able to find a booklet that would have one in it.

I hope this helps! :)

The Craft Yarn Council has a pattern for a piggy finger puppet, but be warned, the picture they show has the pig stitched in yellow! www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/july_crochproject.html

There are also many for pig potholders, use a good cotton yarn and make them as washclothes? talvi.lnet.lut.fi/~winter/c00-01.html

There's a really cute pig pillow at members.optusnet.com.au/we2/animalpillows.html

Personally, I think I'd look for a good teddy bear pattern and alter the snout and ears to a more pig-like shape. And while you're at it, maybe make another one for the Warming Families Program, as a thank you for all their teddy bear patterns? www.warmingfamilies.org/wf-bears.html

Best of luck!

Oh, gosh my duaghter and I just recently saw something that had two pig crochet patterns on a page....they looked like two cute "piggy banks" the left one was pink and the right one was blue. I'm going into detail and see if it jogs someone elses memory because for the life of us we can not remember where!!:ohdear I thought it was Herrschners but those were carebears. I'm going to WM shortly for some thread maybe it was there we had seen it...if so I may go ahead and buy it for you!:sheepjump

Guest flyingmouse77

You're all so great!!! I think I really like that piggy pillow pattern, so I'm going to give it a try first, and if I can find it, I should have that 2002 issue of Crochet World around somewhere. Thanks for the great links! I've found all sorts of OTHER stuff I want to make too!:bounce I'm still interested in anything else you manage to come up with, but don't go to too much extra trouble on my account!

I think I'm really going to like it here.... :clap :cloud9

The Mouse

I was just checking out ebay's selection of patterns, and they had the August 2002 issue of Crochet World. Here is the link if you or anyone else is interested. cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...05311&rd=1

Edited to add disclaimer: Just in case anyone was wondering. I am NOT the person selling this pattern.

Guest flyingmouse77

LuvtoCraft, you're better than I am! I tried to find it on Ebay without luck. I'm still not having any luck, because I haven't used Ebay in a long time, I don't remember my old info, and it isn't letting me register! I just wanted to contact the seller to ask her about the pig pattern. Is there anyone on here who has an Ebay account they can currently access and would be willing to send this woman an email with my address so that she and I can talk? My email address is my username here @yahoo.com. I do think I received this issue, but I think I gave it to my mom. I'm going to send her an email and see. She has a book of mine that also might have a pig pattern in it. Thanks again!!

The Mouse

There are other pigs on ebay too...

Ebay pig and piglets...my favorite, so cute piglets!

Crochet Critters

Last one, I promise..lol

If you can remember your paypal log in, or have some way to pay someone, I bet you can find someone to bid for you.

Archived