How would one go about making...

Guest aphrodite2008

Question

Guest aphrodite2008

A purse? And what about a stocking? Help?

(Oh yes, and I am new. And completely lacking in patience and attention span so I need something small...but lots of frequent small patterns...I'll shut up now :)h )

5 answers to this question

hi purses are pretty easy. all i do is make a chain that is about 2/3 of the lenghth you want your purse to be(if you want a oblong one that is) and then all you do is single crochet in all of the stitches all the way around, which means when you come to the end, keep going by doing 3 single crochets in th ends. and after you have finished with your beginning chain all you do is single(or double if you prefer) all around until you have the bottom made as big as you want it. then all you do is single crochet(or whatever stitch you are using) each row around until you get the desired height. pretty easy, you can add a zipper, lining(which i do both) even a flap if you want. good luck, if you have any questions let me know. hang in there, great things take time to make:cheer2 so don't :bang cause it won't help!!!:)) have a good day vicki:bounce ::)

hi all you do for the lining is to buy some material that is wash compatible with your yarn, and then cut a piece about 2 inches bigger than your purse(you cn go more if your not quite sure if it will fit) and then all you do is sew the 2 sides together and then roll the top down of the fabric and hand sew onto the purse, you can also add a zipper that way. good luck and if you need any help let me know. vicki:bounce

Archived