Chain-ghan???

lauri

so... what size squares? and who's collecting info? this thread is intriguing i would like to know more

cuz i have a book with 200 crochet blocks (all 6" squares) that ive been making one each of, and i think it would be cool to send them out and get blocks in return. and do we only send one square to each person or what?

Crochet Villes - Friendship Granny Quilt

Please Read Through before you Sign up!

1. I will be accepting swappers until the swap is full we will allow a max of 30 swappers per Quilt!

2. You will email me at TameraLeah27@yahoo.com with your Name - Email and Addresss and on the subject line you will type C'Ville Quilt Swap # ___

3. As the time gets closer for the swap you will recieve an Email with the Names, address and Emails of everyone on the list.

4. The idea is that you make each member on the list the required amount of squares. In the right color choises the yarn however is up to you (washable is prefered)

5. Mail your squares to each person on the list untill the list is completed.

Example - If you are sending 2 each to 34 people you will be receiving in the mail 68 squares.

Remember to make the number of squares for yourself as well..

6. You will keep incontact with eachother through email ... leeting everyone know when you send items please keep the email on topic however brief off topic conversations are allowed!

7. Have fun and enjoy.

A little Note.. This Idea is a branch off of -

http://www.******/swapclub/index.html

IF you don't like our swap ideas please Join one of theirs!!!

~ Quilts to Chose From ~

Swap # - Swap Title - # of Squares and Sizes - Color of Swap - Date From and To - Contact info

Swap #1 - Oh so Scrappy - 2 7" Granny Squares - Scrappy colors and White Edging - Starting on January 1st to Febuary 14th - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

Swap #2 - Sweat Hearts - 1 12" Granny Square - Red , Pink or Purple with White Edging - Starts on January 1st - Febuary 10th - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

Swap #3 - Just For Him - 1 12 " Granny Square - Masculine colors with Black Edging - Starts on January 31st and Ends March 31st - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

~ Quilts to Chose From ~

Swap # - Swap Title - # of Squares and Sizes - Color of Swap - Date From and To - Contact info

Swap #1 - Oh so Scrappy - 2 7" Granny Squares - Scrappy colors and White Edging - Starting on January 1st to Febuary 14th - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

Swap #2 - Sweat Hearts - 1 12" Granny Square - Red , Pink or Purple with White Edging - Starts on January 1st - Febuary 10th - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

Swap #3 - Just For Him - 1 12 " Granny Square - Masculine colors with Black Edging - Starts on January 31st and Ends March 31st - Contact Tamera at TameraLeah@Yahoo.com

I am interested in joining one of these swaps but before I do can I ask one question ? Why are the timelines from start to finish so narrow ? That is if I am reading this right.

A the most I might be able to get out one package a week.

Just my observation.

I am interested in joining one of these swaps but before I do can I ask one question ? Why are the timelines from start to finish so narrow ? That is if I am reading this right.

At the most I might be able to get out one package a week.

Just my observation.

Same problem here, Lorraine. I got so excited reading through the thread! I liked the idea of making 2 7" squares representing where we're from. I really wanted to be a part of this, too, but the timeline would be too short for me as well. I realize there must be a time limit or it would drag on forever but to be able to only mail just one pkg a week won't make it and I'm afraid that would be my plight as well.

I figured for Swap #1, you'll have to average 9 squares/wk and mail 9 pkgs/wk. For #2, it would be 5 squares and 5 pkgs. For #3, it would be 4 squares and 4 pkgs. It's just that there are so many things that demand our time. Either that or we are just slow crocheters and everyone else is super fast!

Tami, sounds like you've got quite a job to do and it's good for everyone who wants to participate that you're experienced in this. Good luck with it!

I guess us slow pokes will just have to start making squares ahead of time and hope someday to be able to participate in a chain-gan.

This is my first post and I'm very excited about doing this. I've been looking for a place for tips and talk about crochet and things like this swap to help me find things to crochet. I look forward to doing more things like this.

Heather.

We are wrapping up a swap right now where we sent someone a 12 inch square a month and by the end of the year you'll have enough to make an afghan.

I also took part in a really cook "friendship purse" swap which was cool as well! The purse was made up of little tiny granny squares and you each made a square for each person and you ended up with the amount needed for the pattern. Everytime I use my friendship purse it makes me smile to think of all my on-line friends who made the purse!

Ok. I'm probably going to end up making some of these now since sometimes I have no time to crochet and suddenly have a lot of scrap yarn for the one I'm going to do. Should we add little "made by:" type tags or just leave them be? And if we do the tags should they be by our real names or our online names? :yarn

I guess you ladies have a number of things you can do would you still like to do my swap ideas or would you like to do Donna's idea about the friendship purse which i personaly think sounds really neat! i'd be all for handing it over to donna and letting her take over !!

hi all:waving

i love the idea of the ghans but for the people who are really busy, the friendship purse would be a great idea, beacause you wouldnt have to make so many squares:hook

either way i think the final result will be great :yes

Archived