3 new stitches!

Last night I finally started the Sweet N Short bolero from the HappyHooker book and so far it's going great and I actually learned 3 new stitches!! It might not be much to ppl who are advanced crocheters but I was SO thrilled that I actually got them and did it right! I learned the V-stitch, the FPdc and the BPdc!:clap:yay just felt like sharing:)

Excellent! That is great for you....it is why I love Crochetville...everyone encourages me to try new things and learn new techniques...I love doing the FPdc and the BPdc too! Keep on learning and getting better and better!

petra that is awesome, i am soo happy for you and proud of you too, some people are afraid of new stitches and stick with the same ones over and over, sounds like you go out and find new ones to make, you go girl:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Yayy thank you so much everybody!:hug:hook yeah it was great when I finally got them all right:D at first I was really confused because I had never heard of the FPdc and the BPdc but now I love them they give such a great effect!:manyheart and I can't believe how far I've gotten with my bolero (my first garment) I've nearly finished the back now!:eek:yay

Yayy thank you so much everybody!:hug:hook yeah it was great when I finally got them all right:D at first I was really confused because I had never heard of the FPdc and the BPdc but now I love them they give such a great effect!:manyheart and I can't believe how far I've gotten with my bolero (my first garment) I've nearly finished the back now!:eek:yay

Woot! Good for you...how is it going so far? I keep passing it over in the book and just drool because I'm pretty sure I'll flub it. I really want to try the pullover that's in that book but I'm KNOW I'm not ready for it yet! :eek

FPdc and BPdc are two of those things that are so simple that people can't believe they are that simple and so our brains complicate them. (ask me how I know this happens)

And again, just learning something like these stitches opens up the whole aran crochet world to you. that is my current fave direction to go with my crochet

Congratulations Petra on your first garment and learning new stitches. I remember my first and what an achievement it was. I still get a thrill when I complete something new and learn a new stitch. I think that is what keeps me crocheting. Each project is something new to attempt.

I remember when I learned the FPDC & BPDC...I wanted to work them in to every project I made after that!! For some reason I love to do them LOL!! I totally get the learning high too!!

Congrats and enjoy!!:clap

Jessie

Thanks so much again everybody!:manyheart:hug it's going well so far it's been easier then I thought it would be.. I even found the faults in the pattern without having the errata and I'm a beginner so if I can find em anyone can:) everybody should just go for it!!:hook the pattern kin dof scared me because it had a graph with it and I had never worked with it, but once I started working on it and did the first row I immediatly figured out how it worked and I actually prefer to use the graph because it has no faults in it unlike the written pattern... and once you've done the first 4/5 rows you kind of get the pattern because it keeps repeating itself so you just get used to it and most of the time I don't even need to look in the book that's how easy it is! all I'm dreading now is starting the new parts lol because I'm only working on the back still and next up will be the right front part so I'll just have to see if I can figure it out:think I can't show my progress on my blog because it's a present for my sis and she might be looking there so I was thinking I could just post some pictures on here of my progress so far:)

dscf2566fs0.th.jpgdscf2572km3.th.jpgdscf2573ox2.th.jpgdscf2570li4.th.jpgdscf2575qr3.th.jpg

Thank you:hook I'm not sure if it has a name it's just the pattern that's used in the Short N Sweet Bolero from the HappyHooker book:) If you turn it around it kind of looks like sea shells that stick out a bit and I really like it so I'm thinking of using the pattern for another project, but so that I can have the "wrong" side as the "right" side if that makes sence lol

Makes sense to me. It's an old quilter's adage that you pay for both sides of the fabric, you might as well use both sides.

That's true for crochet as well. You pay for the yarn that is at the back too :lol:hook

Archived