Beautiful Crocheted Jacket on J.Jill Catalog Cover!

hooked2

I just received the J.Jill "Holiday 2 2006 Edition 2" catalog. And on the cover (:clap) is a beautiful crocheted jacket! I would call it a log sweater-coat because it ends below the thigh. It's lovely. It's described - on page 3 - as a "hand-crocheted Provence topper" with "beautiful openwork...and picot-edged sleeves and hem." They're charging $149-159 (depending on size) for it.

Just wanted to share 'cause it's always great to see crocheted items appreciated!

Yes, that's the one! Isn't it fabulous! What a surprise to see a crocheted piece on a cover! Totally cool (:cheer)! So often crocheted pieces are relegated to a tiny photo somewhere near the back of a publication!

Now if I can only find something in my stash of patterns that comes kinda' close (:think). 'Cause I'd like one of those (:lol).

I finally got my catalog yesterday, and yes, that sweater is gorgeous! I wasn't even sure it was crocheted at first. (And there's a gorgeous knit sweater I'd love, too, in there, but I'm not anywhere good enough at knitting to even think about that). That's the kind of designing I've been waiting for! Patty

Archived