Sign in to follow this  
2junebugs4me

Baby Bunting...

Question

Okay, since I'm now pregnant, I, of course, want to make lots of baby things, lol. I'm looking for a baby bunting pattern. I've seen a few online, but the problem I have with them is that I'd like to be able to use it with a car seat, and none of these patterns have a "slit" to make them car seat compatible. Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Congratulations!!

That was quite a search, but I think I came up with something.

Baby's Choice book has a carseat bunting. Oops, that's knit.

Um, OH! There's a beautiful "Crochet Shell Bunting" at Lion Brand, complete with buttons down the front, but unless it had buttons in the back too (like half-way up-to connect and make the bunting a legged bunting, that wouldn't work). BUT it's SOOOOO pretty!! (Another project added to the list)

The Lollipop Romper is really pretty too, similar to a bunting, but with short legs.

You could always find a regular bunting pattern you really like, and a pant pattern, and combine them to make a legged bunting?

Good luck!!

here is a suggest.. find one you like and make your own slit.. jsut when you get to where you want it make a chain how many stitiches you want it across and then continue th eline of stitches after .. then on next round.. jsut work in the chain the corresponding number you need and VOILA! instant slit..

I was thinking about making my own slit, but the few bunting bags that I liked are button up the front, and the buttons are right where I would want the slit. In other words, I can't figure out how to make a horizontal slit on a vertical button band. Make sense? Anyway, I think I may have figured something out. I'm going to give it a try for my neighbor who's due in February. Her baby will be my guinnea pig, lol. Thanks for the ideas!

chochenit carseat afghan

here's a link for one that might be useful. this would only work in the carseat that you remove from the car.

i had a fabric bunting bag for my little guys that stayed permanently in the car seat so i just had to strap them in, add a hat & zip them up. i was great when we arrived home with a sleeping baby because i could just unzip the bag, pull off the hat & put the entire carseat in the crib until the baby woke up.

here's a link similar to the one i have (except that this one had the split up the front, where mine zippered down each side)

bunting bag

hope this helps!

fran

ps - these are also great for strollers!

a-ah! i found another one, vintage crchet, with the matching hat ... its waay too cute!

softmemories.com/AntiqueCrochet/free/~bunting.htm