Gotta hand it to those Russians

I found this pattern (schematic) following a link listed by blackpurl and found this:

http://www.yarn.ru/natalia/model/model_6_3_2002.htm

Hope that link works.:hook

It is a plus (yes! really!) sweater made with a motif pattern. oooh I'm in love:c9

I have followed several of the links to Russian sites from around here and they do have great patterns avialable. Well, I do have to "modest them up" a bit but still pretty.

Here's a more general link to patterns

http://www.yarn.ru/natalia/izbrannoe.htm

I agree with cuddlefish, it would take ages to make! it'd be well worth the effort. Were they shoulder pads though? lol

Please be very careful when posting links to Russian sites featuring patterns. Many are legitimate sites, publishing only patterns for which they own the copyrights. However, there are also very many sites that publish patterns scanned from a number of American magazines in violation of copyright law.

I am going to ask Svetlana if she can check out the links posted and let me know if she thinks they're legitimate sites or sites that have American patterns posted in violation of copyright law.

No problem. :) On a quick glance, the first site looks like it's probably okay. The second one, I haven't had a chance to look at, and it looks like it's going to be harder to navigate. Hopefully Svetlana can take a quick look and let us know that everything's okay. :)

I have some great news! Our resident Russian expert said that the sites linked in the first post appear to be legitimate, so feel free to use any patterns you find there without guilt! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

You can translate the pattern at dictonary.com select translator than russian to english

I translated it and its not a pattern it just says to stich according to the graph and then how to stitch it together. If you have some old time crochet mags you may be able to figure out the pattern but there is no "written instructions" on that page

Most europeans seem to learn the chart technique and they all just get it.

I like working from a chart myself but there are times when I like to have some instruction for tricky stitches.

I find myself wondering about newbies in Russia/Europe. Is it just assumed that they have mentors nearby to help with the tricky bits? Maybe the mindset is just different.

For the pink pattern, it is pretty straight forward = make these squares and make them go together this way - no big challenge there but some of them ...?

Archived