Bingo Dauber Bag

marnie413

I made 2 of these bags to be donated as door prizes to the Super Bingo that they hold at my kids' school. They worked up quick. I did find though that since there are 72 stitches around and there are 8 pockets that you need to attach at the 9th stitch not the 8th. I tried one with attaching at the 8th to have 9 pockets but they didn't fit well around the bag..made it too poufy or something. Anyway, thanks for the pattern. I didn't get to go to the bingo this time so I didn't see who won them, but from word of mouth the 2 winners loved them.

Well now I think I know what I'm doing with all my crazy colors of cotton yarn! Can anyone say Mother's Day? Mom and Nana gifts taken care of!

Thanks for sharing the pattern!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great pattern. My sister looked everywhere for a bag like this to give a friend of hers for Christmas and just couldn't find one. Now we can make one and it will be way cuter! :yes Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or did anyone else have trouble getting extra stitches when doing the dauber pockets? The bag part came out beautifully! {Well, to me anyway lol} So, my question is does anyone have any advice for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK I wrote that pattern so long ago, let me see if I can explain it better. i started in the outer ridge and attached the yarn and hdc around. then next row was chain 21 (so now you are going to work back and forth). then you sc in each chain. and slip stitch in the same hdc then you work in the back loops back and forth with a slip stitch in the hdc at bottom so it is really putting 2 rows ( the peak and the valley you know how crocheting in the back loop creates ridges) in one hdc. Does this make any sense you started with 72 stitches around so if you are putting 2 rows in each hdc stitch that is 144 rows. Mind you i have never written a pattern before I see it in my head but that doesn't mean i can explain it lol.

• 6 years later...

Archived