Bingo Dauber Bag

marnie413

Well this is my first design and the first time i have written out a pattern so if you have any corrections or better wording i would appreciate it .

th_bingodauberbag001.jpg

Bingo Dauber Bag

Pattern designed by Marlene Hanel

Worsted Weight Yarn I used approx 6 oz of dark plum and 4 oz of lavender

Size H hook

1 Plastic lid for a 3lb margarine tub with the rim cut off. You could use plastic needle point canvas cut to size of bottom round .

Bottom of bag (dark plum)

Chain 4 sl st to form a ring

Row1 Chain 1, 8 hdc in ring sl st in 1st hdc ( 8 sts )

Row2 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, 2 hdc in each st around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 16 sts )

Row3 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, * 2 hdc in next st , 1 hdc in next st.* repeat around , sl st

in 1st hdc. ( 24 sts )

Row4 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st and next st, * 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next 2 sts.* repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 32 sts )

Row5 Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st and next 2 sts, * 2 hdc in next st , 1 hdc in next 3 sts* repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 40 sts )

Row6 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 48 sts )

Row7 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in next st. * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. ( 60 sts )

Row8 Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st, * 1 hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st. * repeat around, sl st in 1st hdc. (72 sts )

Repeat rounds 1-8 for 2nd one.

Put the two together and whip stitch around with plastic lid between. I whip stitched in the back loop of one and the front loop of the other so I had a ridge on each side to crochet into for the body of the bag. .

Body of bag (lavender)

Row1 attach yarn to any ridge of the top ridge of the bottom of bag 1 hdc in each stitch around. I changed to second color for this part.

Row2-23 Ch 1,hdc in same st, hdc in each st around, sl st in 1st hdc

Row24 Do eyelet row, Ch 1, hdc in same st, * Ch 1 skip next hdc, hdc in next st. * repeat around . Sl st in 1st hdc.

Row25 -26 Ch 2, Dc in same st. dc in each st around. Sl st in 1st dc.

Row27 Ch1 sc in same st, * skip next 2 sts. 5 treble crochet in next st, skip 2 sts, sc in next st* repeat around sl st in 1st sc finish off weave in ends.

Make 2 strands of chains with dark plum Approx. 80 chains long depending on how long you wants handles. Weave threw eyelet row and tie ends together of each strand so it can be pulled from each side. Add pom-poms to ends

Dauber Pockets (dark plum )

Row1 Attach yarn to bottom ridge of bottom of bag. Ch 1 hdc in same sp and each ridge around, sl st in 1st hdc ( 72 sts )

Row2 Ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across, sl st in bottom round in next hdc st. (20 sts )

Row3 Ch 1 sc in back loops only across turn

Row4 Ch1 sc in same st and each st across back loops only sl st in bottom round in next hdc st. (20 sts )

Row5-144 repeat rows 3 and 4 sl st 1st row and last row together. finish off weave in ends

Finishing bag

I put markers around the bag every 8th st on the inner bag and every 8th valley of the ribbing outer bag. Then whipped stitched the outer bag to the inner bag stitching in the valley of the ribbing . Making 8 pockets. I started stitching 9 rows down from the eyelet row. Finish off weave in all ends. Please enjoy!

This is my original pattern, please use for personal use only. Do not post to any other website please link back to here ! You may make the item and sell it. But do not sell the pattern for any reason.

Dauber are the ink bottles used to mark the paper bingo cards they are tall skinny bottles and they fit in the outside pockets like in the pic.th_bingodauberbag002.jpg

Why would you need so many different ink bottles? Can't markers or crayons be used instead?:think

the ends of the dobbers are round and the same size as the numbers on the bingo cards so you just "dobb" on the number in a quick movement instead of having to color the number. It is much faster. People who play bingo alot also play several cards at once and use a different color for each card.

The diaper bag idea for this is a great one. Corse my baby is 17 so i don't think i would be using it as a diaper bag lol! but i was thinking if i made the bag bigger and made the pockets higher i could put the skeins of yarn in it and use it as a crochet tote:idea

• 8 months later...
Very nice, but what is a bingo dauber bag??

A bingo dauber bag is a bag you take with you when you play bingo. A dauber is the bottle of ink that you mark off numbers with on your bingo card. does that explain it well enough? sometimes I have weird explanations. :hook

I was wondering how many daubers this bag can hold?

Hi Classy1 I made 8 pockets in this one but each pocket can hold 2 daubers.

Thanks for looking everyone and all the kind words.

Why would you need so many different ink bottles? Can't markers or crayons be used instead?:think

The ink from the daubers dont hide the number. When you win they have to repeat the numbers to make sure you do have bingo.

I play bingo once a week, and have played in CA, TX, NV, and all these states require that you use ink to mark your papers {one reason is so that the papers can not be re-used}.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Fantastic! My DD is going to LOVE this! I can't wait to get this made and surprise her. She goes to Bingo all the time and has been wanting one of these! Thank you so much for coming up with this awsome pattern!

Archived