another quick question?

breakmyfall

Question

so im doing this pattern nothing concrete yet... just to practice. and i cant get past the first round. it says chain 4, make a slip stich join. then it says chain 3, 2 double crochets in each of next 3 chain stitches, 1 double crochet in last stitch, join with a slip stitch. is it say the new 3 chain stitches that i just stitched? or the ones on the ring? i do the ones on the ring and i end up with 7 double crochet stitches. but the next round says: chain 3, 2 double crochets in the next 7 double crochets, 1 double crochet in next stitch, slip stitch and join, its gonna equal 16 stitches. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? if i double in each of the 7 that will equal 14 stitches. and then one more is 15 not 16... uhh i feel ~lost~

12 answers to this question

Ok, you would chain 4 then join with a slip stitch to the first chain stitch to form a ring. Chain 3 (counts as your first dc Im assuming), work 2 dc's in each of the next 3 chain stitches, then one dc in that last chain stitch where your beginning chain 3 is, then slip stitch to the top of your chain 3 ~ 8 dc's made

Next round, chain 3 (counts as first dc again), work 2 dc's in each of the next 7 dc's, 1 dc in last stitch. Join to top chain of beginning chain 3 ~ 16 dc's made

HTH!

:cheer What you are doing is starting the hat at the centre top so you start with a CH ring which you join with a Sl St.

Round 1:

CH3 (Stands as the first DC on each row), now work 7 more DCs into the loop, rather than trying to do them into each chain of the loop.

Join with a Sl St into the top of the CH3. (8DCs counting the CH3 as 1 plus 7 more)

Round 2:

CH3, work 2DCs into each DC right around, then work the last DC into the base of the CH3 which is at the start of the row.(16DCs) Join as before.

Round 3:

Will probably be CH3, 1DC into next DC, *2DCs into next DC, 1DC into next DC* repeat * to * then work 1DC into base of the CH3. Join as before.

Not sure of the next rows, but what you are doing is increasing the top of the hat until it is wide enough, then you will work without increasing until the length you need.

Most hats of this sort keep increasing at the same rate which on this hat is 8 more stitches in each round.

Hope this is helpful.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

BUMP

okay im here:

Round 5: Repeat Round 4, having 1 more d c between incs ‑ 8 sts inc

<i>Round 4: Ch 3,

* 1 d c in each of next 2 sts, 2 d c in next st, repeat from * around, ending

1 d c In each of next 2 sts, 1 d c in last st, join</i>

does that mean i crochet like rnd 4 BUT every 8 stitches i add another dc in to the next stitch or just add one into the 8th... meaning when i hit every 8th stitch, i stich an extra dc into the next dc st and then start counting 8 again? or just add 2 dc into the 8th st? this pattern has got me so confused lol...

:cheer You would do 7 DCs then 2 into the next which is the 8th DC.

If you look carefully at what you are doing, you can see where the increases are and where you need to put them in the next round.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

:cheer You would do 7 DCs then 2 into the next which is the 8th DC.

If you look carefully at what you are doing, you can see where the increases are and where you need to put them in the next round.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

i did that and i got 44 st... but it doesnt specify how much ill have on round 5... round 6 says ill end with 48 by following rnd 5 which follows rnd 4... hmmm

what am i doing wrong?

i did 1dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1 dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc <--bc thats the 8th stitch...

so its not 1dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 1dc, 1dc <--9th stitch?

hmmm im so confused.

1. d, 2d, 2d, 2d, d = 8

2. d, 2d, 2d, 2d, 2d, 2d, 2d, 2d, d =16.

3. d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, 2d, d, d = 24

4. d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d = 32

5. d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d = 40

6. d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, 2d, d, d, d, d, d = 48

The first d in the counts above is the beginning ch 3.

In round 5, you will do - Ch 3, * 1 d c in each of next 3 sts, 2 d c in next st, repeat from * around, ending w/1 d c In each of next 3 sts, 1 d c in last st, join.

Round 6 will be - Ch 3, * 1 d c in each of next 4 sts, 2 d c in next st, repeat from * around, ending w/1 d c In each of next 4 sts, 1 d c in last st, join.

LMFAO LE SIGH...

this pattern is gonna kill me. im so... like... i dont know. i dont understand it. ive gotten to this round:

Round 7: * Ch 1, skip next st, 1 s c in next st, repeat from * around ‑ 24 ch 1 spaces. Working in striping pattern work as follows:

Round 8: * 1 long d c in next st, 1 s c in next st, repeat from * around – 24

long d c's.

i ended up

7 1sc, skip a st, 1sc, skip a st, 1sc, skip a st, etc... i feel like ive decreased it. plus on the row that says i should have 24 long dc's i have 12... or 14. i dont know what im doing wrong. but i definitely think it has something to do with the skip a stitch... i felt like i should sl st in exchange for each stitch i skipped... its like gotten smaller...

plz help :(

You're going to be so mad at this hat by the time it's done, you'll never want to wear it!:lol I'm glad you're hanging in there.

It sounds like you forgot to repeat the ch1 after the sc. It takes the place of the st you're skipping.

Round 7: * Ch 1, skip next st, 1 s c in next st, repeat

from * around ‑ 24 ch 1 spaces.

You're going to be so mad at this hat by the time it's done, you'll never want to wear it!:lol I'm glad you're hanging in there.

It sounds like you forgot to repeat the ch1 after the sc. It takes the place of the st you're skipping.

Round 7: * Ch 1, skip next st, 1 s c in next st, repeat

from * around ‑ 24 ch 1 spaces.

im so dumb!

thank you so much. ur a goddess.

Don't know if this belongs here, but I've been following along. I've always had such a hard time joining rounds, never knowing where to put the hook. I'm still not sure if, when you join, are you supposed to insert the hook between the top two loops or underneath the top two loops. I always inserted the hook between the two loops so the slip stitch sat on top of the other stitch, otherwise I'd end up with too many stitches. However, I've wondered if I'm supposed to insert the hook under the top two loops, even though that twists the point of joining a little. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Archived