Halfmoon Shawl

Mermaiden

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really pretty! I started this pattern last week, and made the mistake of using a thicker yarn. It was not as drapey, so I had to frog it! What size hook did you use?

Since this yarn is so tiny, I compensated for the gauge by using a really big hook - about a J, I think it was. :hook Maybe an I.... I forgot.

• 4 months later...

This came out simply gorgeous! I actually bought the Romance yarn (unbelievable sale!) last year with the intention of making that shawl. Based on where it appears on my to-do list, I hope to have it done by this fall. Thanks for sharing because I can appreciate the detail even more in your pics. :yes

beautiful job!!! :manyheart

i made this shawl in a similar color. i used woolease chunky, so it came out much bigger. i love how it came out. it is soft and warm and cuddly. and i love how it wraps. pics below.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/elsiegutz/015.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c243/elsiegutz/0132.jpg

Nope, it was very easy, and quite fast too actually! :)

There are now THREE halfmoon shawl patterns on the Lion Brand website - I'm not sure why, but

Half Moon Shawl which is now $ 3.95, is the one I used,

Half-Moon Shawl is free and I can't tell much difference in it (from the one of these that Crochet Smooches made), and the one I made, except the yarn and the drape,

and now there is also a One-ball Half-moon Shawl

I guess I'll have to make the other TWO free ones sometime to compare :lol

Hmm, nope not a kit, just yet another pattern, it's below there. :) All 3 of them are pictured with the edge around the neck turned down so it could kinda look like a collar if you drape it right. On mine I did not choose to scallop-edge the flat "middle of the moon" edge, though. I never really thought of that :)

• 4 weeks later...

The one-ball Half Moon Shawl doesn't have the bobbles like the one using two balls that is $3.95 on the Lion Brand site. Otherwise, I think it is essentially the same pattern.

Ahhhh thanks, I had not noticed that difference in the patterns! I still think they're silly for having so many that are nearly identical, but that explains a bit at least. :lol

Archived