Halfmoon Shawl

Mermaiden

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Your shawl turned out beautiful. Love the color. I did the pattern in Joann's Angel Hair (couldn't find Romance here) -- mistake -- it came out way too short, and if I keep adding rounds it will be too long the other way. I think the lighter weight yarn was the right way to go. What kind did you use?

Yeah, I was worried that with this yarn, it was going to turn out too small, so perhaps I crocheted a bit loosely to compensate. I can't say for sure exactly what it is, but here's a more up-close pic -- (clickable)

Mohair%20cone__thumb.jpg

Since Ebay doesn't keep auctions too long, can't find the seller. But it has 2 very lightweight strands held together: 1 is very lightly fuzzed as you can see. :hook It's sitting beside a very bulky yarn there, that I'd bought for my long, hooded cloak.

Look look look! I found it again!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Cranbury-Mohair-Blend-Huge-Cone-Fine-Shaggy-Yarn_W0QQitemZ150062741026QQihZ005QQcategoryZ36596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the same seller I bought mine from, and I really recommend this cone.. it is HUGE.. I'll be able to make a ton of shawls out of it... and apparently they have had an on-going run of these too, so keep an eye out if you want one... though it looks like shipping may be a bit steep, eep. (Still a good deal, considering the cone, imho, and it *is* a bit heavy since it's so big, so it's not that unreasonable, considering.)

Plus, they have other very pretty colors! Darn it, I have to look away, I am tempted again, LOL

http://crafts.search.ebay.com/_Mohair-Yarn_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfrppZ25QQsacatZ36596QQsassZmitch1770

• 1 month later...

Beautiful!! And I love your choice of yarn. I have made a couple of these shawls, and absolutely love the pattern. You did a wonderful job!!!!

Archived