Opinions Needed ~ Leg Warmers (New Pic Page 3)

MommaChelle

I have been asked to design some leg warmers for our little ones :) I came up with these and while my husband said he wasnt so sure on the design of them, I thought I would come directly to the experts and ask your opinions :)

The length of these ones here are made to go above the knee, while taking out a couple of the stripes would make them shorter to fit below the knee.

I only have one made so far and wanted to ask your opinions on the design of these before I made more and wrote out the pattern.

pinkwhitelegwarmer.jpg

Thanks in advance for your input!!

I think they are pretty cool myself and would make a pair. I think it is great that you can make them for above the knee as this is what I would probably make for my mother since she lives in the mountains.

I agree with the below knee lenght. And maybe taper it just a bit towards the bottom? So it doesn't bell at the bottom when scrunched and get bulky. Does that make sense?

But I love the way the darker pink is tighter. Very nice!!

Ok, I redid them and they look SOOO cute!! I tapered them down toward the bottom so they dont bell out, as well as shortened the length of them.

Jennifer, after you said that I pictured my leg warmers and then rainbow brights and you're right! The ones above do now remind me of rainbow bright! With this shorter version though, not so much, but it's still cute :)

You know, the over the knee might work okay, with the tapered bottom. I think the wide bottom made it look longer than it was.

Of course, you've already done the shorter one, lol!

You'll have to write up three patterns, you know that, right ;) ?

I may be a little late to the party but above the knee would work for me...my daughter BEGS me not to wear long pants to school - she would rather wear shorts or skorts. THESE are just PERFECT for her. Our winters are not THAT cold, but cold enough to wear long pants. This would be a great compromise!

:cheer Back in the days when Leg Warmers were in for the first time, I used to knit then using a sleeve pattern and adding ribbing to the top as well.

I did not make them over the knee then because the kids seemed to like then sort of around their ankles, a bit like the ballerinas wore them.

:hook The sleeve idea would work with crochet too even though it is not quite so elastic.

:cheer Your leg warmers do look very cute and should be very toasty warm.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Well if I can remember the 80's correctly...leg warmers were below the knee and boot toppers were above. I had both. I have made a couple of pairs for when I have to go out in the snow, they keep the snow out of your boots and from going up your pant legs...Lynne

Very nice!!! I am going to be different and say above the knee. The only reason is, I am a ballet mom and all the ballet dancers from 2 on up wear them above the knee to about mid thigh. Of course, they are wearing them to keep their muscles warm during dance, but I am so use to seeing them that way, I guess I just like um above the knee!! Either way these are wonderful and I need to get busy and make some!! I love your pattern too!!

Thank you all! I will be making a blue version for my older daughter and will make hers above the knee to show the length difference using the same pattern but adding extra rows for length.

I have the pattern written out, just finishing up the second pink leg warmer for pictures for the pattern! Then hubby has to either get his computer fixed so I can convert the pattern to pdf, or he needs to load the program onto my computer!

ohhh i like thoes too!!! GOOD JOB!

they remind me (the bumps/ridges) of moon boots (aka: winter must have's of the 80's)!!! Just make em in white and viola! (yes, 80's once again, i'm a die hard 80's girl!)

your creations are AMAZING!!! keep it up!

Archived