bra pattern

yarnyviolet

Question

I really want to find a pattern for a bra. The bikini ones won't cover enough let alone support enough ( I am 29 not 19!). I have seen some nice knitted ones but no crocheted ones. Actually I saw a picture of one on some Finnish crochet site but she didn't have the pattern.:(

Can anyone help? Oh and it can't be too difficult as I am just getting the hang of crochet.

Rachel

4 answers to this question

hi rachel, i might have one, i will check my patterns and see, might take me a little while though cause i am still trying to find things in my craft room after my DS reorganized everything for me:rotfl , i tell you, he was trying to help me as i had complained that i needed to get it done as it was getting messy, i came home one day and he had DONE IT:th he meant well BUT:ohdear :o hdear, but i will look for you. have a super day. vicki::bounce

Guest mishakitty78

I've been searching for a similar pattern, to no avail. :( It's hard for me too - the normal size bikini patterns I tend to see just won't cut it for me, unfortunately.

I do have a suggestion,though. As a bellydancer, I cover bras up all the time and make my costumes. I make and sell tops for the well-endowed ladies that have support. I'll crochet the bra (they work up quick) and then stitch it around the cup of a stiff underwire bra. It works great and gives really good support. For smaller bras, they can usually just wear the top, but for those of us who can't this is a great way to get that crochet top look and get support too. If you want more detailed instructions, I can work out some for you.

Archived