Look what I won on ebay!

I'm so excited!

It's my whole "fun money" budget for the month, but I can't wait to dive into this box! It's a box of at least 600 crafting patterns, mostly crochet! Some plastic canvas (which is my craft of choice when I don't feel good or and just "done" with crocheting for a few days, lol!) and other stuff. Even evil knitting, which I may have to learn how to do now! It's like Christmas in November! I can't wait to get this!!! And the seller has good feedback, so I don't have to spend the next week worrying. Even so, it was only $16.00 - not too much to worry about!

And whatever patterns I don't want, I'll probably put up for sale/swap here, so we'll all benefit, lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320045089760&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26sbrftog%3D1%26from%3DR10%26satitle%3D320045089760%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC6%26sargn%3D-1%2526saslc%253D2%26sadis%3D200%26fpos%3D33617%26ftrt%3D1%26ftrv%3D1%26saprclo%3D%26saprchi%3D%26fsop%3D1%26fsoo%3D1%26fvi%3D1

I saw it .. looks wonderful..... :clap

Good for you.. she even says that she stopped counting at 600 so is much more then that I am sure ;)

:hug

Enjoy your "pleasant afternoon investigating" Ok I am a bit jealous ;)

Smiles

Kidge

Okay, have to change that link! But it's a box of over 600 patterns, the one on top is a Crochet Today magazine! Nothing much to look at, really. I paid $16.00 for the whole thing!

Try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320045089760

Way to go, Tiga! I :heart reading through patterns! Even if you don't want to make the item you can often find clever techniques, edgings or ideas to use in other stuff. Christmas in November indeed!

Smiles,

Yeah, for $16.00, even if I only find 10 or 15 patterns I want to make, it's still a good deal. And since the Crochet! magazine on top seems pretty recent, and the seller seems to be a crafter herself, I figure the odds are that I'll find something good in there.

Plus, I like slightly old-fashioned/traditional afghan patterns, anyway, so that works in my favor.

Now, I must get back to laundry and square making! Lunch is over (and was 30 minutes ago, lol!).

I got the box yesterday, and there is only a very small pile of "ewww - what the heck is that a pattern for??" patterns. One for stuffed/quilted ducks that are "real to life" - yeah, b/c EVERY duck hunter will want a nice, soggy decoy to take hunting with them, lol!

They are all vintage-y (a few from the '90s, which I refuse to consider vintage!), but good, classic patterns.

I even finally got a pattern for a stuffed turtle!

I do have to say, the art of crochet has come a loooong way since the 50's, in terms of stuffed animals and toys. The sweaters made back then are gorgeous, but the toys look like they've all been hit by a truck. It isn't until the early '80s that the toy patterns start looking decent enough to actually make.

Of course, today's amigurumi patterns just blow them out of the water, but I figure I can adapt the old patterns where I need to in order to get the look I want. I view patterns as a mere suggestion, anyway, lol!

What's really funny is that some of the patterns are the tear-off versions of some free ones that I've downloaded! Clearly, the seller and I have similar taste!

Once an auction is over, your link no longer works at ebay. Would have been nice to see though -only got a fleeting glimpse ... :sigh

If you click on the link and scroll down you can still see the box and write up.

Pretty impressive. If I had seen it I would have been bidding too.

***, there is one monkey pattern (I've seen it on the web, for free, too, scanned in) that is just awful. The only reason I know it's a monkey is that the pattern said "monkey" on it.

Oh, and then there were the "Mammy and Family" kitchen patterns. Holy granola, was I shocked to see them! I mean, I knew that such things existed, but to actually hold them in my hands? Ewwww!!!!

These particular patterns aren't too offensive; just dolls made with black yarn for their bodies; nothing else odd but the name, but still, why would you want a crocheted black lady with a kerchief on her head to cover up your Dawn? For that matter, why do you want a crocheted anything to cover up your Dawn???

And don't get me started on the clown patterns. I was never afraid of clowns until I saw the Annie's Attic, circa 1978, clown patterns.

No wonder my generation is so screwed up; we grew up with maniacal clowns as toys from our grandmothers.

But on a super cool note, in a bunch of folded up misc. crafting patterns, I found the pattern for a dog toy that my Oma made for my brother when he was a baby! How cool is that???

Now, if I can just find the pattern for the cat she crocheted for me and the snowman she made for my brother, I think I can totally recreate my childhood...

Archived