Need yarn scraps

I know this should probably go in Yarn Talk, but I figure most everyone reads this forum, and I need the eyes.

I am going to make three floor blankies for the kids of three different close friends of mine, but all three kiddos are disabled. None of them are able to play with traditional toys, so Christmas is really tough on the moms. One thing they can do is touch things.

Imi, 6, and Josh, 5 both enjoy touching different textures. We're not sure what Carson, 5, likes to do, but he and Josh are very similar in their issues, so we usually guess that if Josh likes something, Carson won't be adverse to it, either.

So, I'm wanting to make all three of them blankets they can lay on (they can't sit up on their own) and touch a lot of different textures.

I have a request up in Comfortghans, but I know that everyone is really busy this time of year.

So, if you'd like to help, but don't have time to make a square, if you have some leftover yarn, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

I'm interested in homespun, thick and chunky yarns, anything really soft, or even a little scratchy! Stuff with texture (some of those odd little balls of novelty yarn that Big Lots is selling would be perfect - if I can figure out how to crochet them without frogging my hair!).

It doesn't have to be a lot - just enough for a square or two.

I just don't have a big enough stash to have much scrap yarn yet (I've only been hooking since the early summer of this year), and I don't have the moolah to go buy enough of all the different types of yarn to make three blankets - especially since I won't use that much of each.

So, please, if you have any odd weight or texture yarn you don't know what to do with and would like to donate to Carson, Imi and Josh, please pm me.

I'll take any colors, but of course, would prefer kid-friendly colors.

I know this should probably go in Yarn Talk, but I figure most everyone reads this forum, and I need the eyes.

I am going to make three floor blankies for the kids of three different close friends of mine, but all three kiddos are disabled. None of them are able to play with traditional toys, so Christmas is really tough on the moms. One thing they can do is touch things.

Imi, 6, and Josh, 5 both enjoy touching different textures. We're not sure what Carson, 5, likes to do, but he and Josh are very similar in their issues, so we usually guess that if Josh likes something, Carson won't be adverse to it, either.

So, I'm wanting to make all three of them blankets they can lay on (they can't sit up on their own) and touch a lot of different textures.

I have a request up in Comfortghans, but I know that everyone is really busy this time of year.

So, if you'd like to help, but don't have time to make a square, if you have some leftover yarn, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.

I'm interested in homespun, thick and chunky yarns, anything really soft, or even a little scratchy! Stuff with texture (some of those odd little balls of novelty yarn that Big Lots is selling would be perfect - if I can figure out how to crochet them without frogging my hair!).

It doesn't have to be a lot - just enough for a square or two.

I just don't have a big enough stash to have much scrap yarn yet (I've only been hooking since the early summer of this year), and I don't have the moolah to go buy enough of all the different types of yarn to make three blankets - especially since I won't use that much of each.

So, please, if you have any odd weight or texture yarn you don't know what to do with and would like to donate to Carson, Imi and Josh, please pm me.

I'll take any colors, but of course, would prefer kid-friendly colors.

I'm in. PM a snail-mail address and I'll send some yarn. God Bless :hug:manyheart

Ellie 13

I got boxes yesterday from Dani (Brandybuck) and Pam (PBKLNP)!

Thank you!

You both sent shades of green - isn't that funny?

The textures are great, and I can't wait to get started on some squares with these yarns.

Oh, yay! I read your request for squares, and as much as I want to, I don't have time to make one right now. I do have some yarn scraps and a skein of green fun fur that you can have. :)

PM me your address and I'll be glad to send what I can! :)

I think it's great what you're doing for these kids!

Archived