Nose Warmer

Guest Toez

Question

Oh give me a nose...

I was wondering if anyone out there has a crochet pattern for a nose warmer. A nose warmer was a little crochet patch that fits over your nose and has two tie that tie around your head.

Living near Buffalo, my grandmother used to make these for "the kids" when I was little. Now I would like to make them for young and old alike. Unfortunately, I don't have the experience I need to figure out a pattern on my own. Help please!

:ty

18 answers to this question

I am new to the board. I remember the nose warmers from the 60's, they were crocheted, and yes, back then they had the "Rudolph nose" balls on them. I was very young, under 10, but I watched my sister make a lot of them.

I have Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is an extremely painful disorder and it affects a high percentage of the people who have it on/in/by their noses. The cold weather makes it worse. My nose has been in severe pain since the weather has turned cooler, and the cold weather has been bad. I don't know what it will be like once it stays really cold. At this point, I need to wear it in my studio as well as outside.

Sooooooo, I really need the crocheting pattern for the nose warmer. A simple one, since I am not good at reading crocheting patterns, and I do not knit.

Thanks.

Oh my, what a great thread to read!! My tummy hurts from laughing :rollin

I used to work in a store that sold "willie warmers" and they basically looked like finger puppets sewn to briefs.

Hey, maybe make a nose puppet/warmer?

Still laughing...

Guest zoezzoo

I just crocheted a quick thong :bad from 100% wool for one of my hubby's firefighting buddies (don't ask, it was a joke gift :rolleyes ) Anyway, the front shaping should be similar to what you might need for a nose warmer.. oh dear, that sounds funny...but do you see what I mean? A kind of nose pouch? :ohdear

Did the nose warmer tie around the head with simple chain strings? (Now I have to figure this one out, lol!)

will be back with my results in a day or two..love a challenge, especially a quick one:thinking2

:grouphug

zoezzoo (deb)

I've seen the Knitty pattern but truthfully... I can barely knit and purl without stress. The decrease seemed a little trickey for me. But I'm up to something. If it turns out I'll share!

:bounce

Guest SamplerLady
The witch hat cracked me up!!!
Hey, it was the quickest way to find a cone shape! Glad to give you a giggle. :))

You all make me laugh!!! :lol

Those are great ideas. I'm going to look into them both... and maybe I can come up with something in between.

:D! I totally got the concept, but tassels made me roll with laughter! What about converting a pattern for hair kerchiefs... what do you call those things? I'm not trendy enough to know right offhand. :P I remember somebody talking about making the ties on them, figuring out a new or better way to do it. Maybe it was Chelle or Tiff... anyway, something in that kind of pattern might help. And I'm absolutely dying to see one with tassels!! :yes

Thank you for the replies... what inspirations you all are! You given me some great ideas... now I'm going to have to sit down and strategize.

And to answer "Bagpipes"... they don't just sound funny... they look funny too. But if you're anything like me, my nose is the first thing to freeze when I'm skating or skiing in the winter. And nosewarmers... as cute nd funny as they may make me look... do the trick! Once I get a pattern together (if someone doesn't beat me to it), you're all going to want to make one.

Oh and did I mention... some even have tassels that hang off the tip of the nose. :rollin

didn't about.com have a pattern for a "willie warmer"? (you don't wanna know how i know that) you might be able to use that pattern as a guide. i tried to find it on the about.com site but had no luck, so maybe it was on a different site. if i ever find it again i'll but sure to let you know.

fran

Archived