Son's Comments on Crochet

My younger son called from college the other day to tell me about his experience working at a pet rescue booth at a festival in his town. After discussing how many dogs were adopted out, he said, "I wish you could have come up Mom. There were a lot of craft booths here with crocheted stuff. You ought to sell your crochet stuff at one of these." I told him I liked to do it for enjoyment not as a job and I jokingly said I didn't think he knew the difference between crochet and knit anyway. He actually took offense to that - said of course he did; there was one booth in particular that had both and he knew the difference right away. He went on to say that I always give all the things I make away and that I should make something for myself. When I got off the phone, I had tears in my eyes. He's such a sweetie! I just had to share that with everyone!

that's really lovely! what a supportive and encouraging son you have. you've done a good job with your boy, that's for sure!

Just when you think you have them figured out, they go and surprise you and say something like this.

I had to laugh :lol when you said he got insulted, because you didn't think he knew the difference between knit and crochet.:hook

Archived