Snowman Door Greeter

fuzzy ferret

Here is the Snowman Door Greeter that I made recently. He's so adorable and only took me around 1-1/2 hrs. to complete. He's made from Red Heart Worsted Yarn and a size H hook. He measures 6-1/2" tall from his bottom to the top of his hat...excluding the arms. He has black pompoms for his eyes and for the buttons on his belly, and a orange pompon for the "carrot" nose. I bought a pack of wedding bells at my local Dollar Tree and used that for the jingle maker. And lastly I added a little rose eyeshadow for the 'rouge' on the cheeks.

SnowmanDoorGreeter2.jpg

I found the pattern here: http://www.geocities.com/pmshc/Patterns.html

Krystal:hook

:smanThat is tooooo cute! Thanks for sharing the link, these are perfect to put in the gift bags for my kid's teachers! I like the santa too...ohhhh...wonder if we could make a reindeer?!!

I love him, too. I like the Santa on the link as well, but Snowmen can last into January...and even February and March here in Wisconsin!

As far as putting them into teacher gift bags...do it! As an elementary teacher I love this sort of stuff to put around my classroom. I have a Halloween plastic needlepoint doorhanger made by a student's grandma that I've been hanging on my door for years.

Let's see a reindeer!

Thanks for sharing your nice work and fun ideas.

He's adorable! :D

I started a snowman door greeter last year but I can't even remember if I finished him now. I can't seem to locate him but maybe I put him away with the Christmas decorations. Guess I'll find out soon enough. lol

I had trouble finding an orange pom pom for his nose. I checked all the local craft stores and none of the packages had any orange pom poms.

Archived