musicmarth

Joining Hexagons?

5 posts in this topic

I'm using this pattern at Lion Brand. Now, when I get them all done, any ideas on how to join the hexagons together? I know how to join squares, but all these extra sides are throwing my brain into a tail spin!

Any suggestions?

What I do is lay them down on the floor arange them how you want them or how the pattern says then use stitch markers to hold them together---they will line up how the are suposed to then sew them together. Hope this helps:yes

I join the "top" flat side to a "bottom" flat side to make strips, then zig-zag up the "sides" to join the strips together. Does that make sense?

I aggree with Chrome Kitty. I made a bunch of hexagons back when I was learning to crochet. When it came time to join them, I secured top and bottom, then ziz-zag up the sides.

It also helps to lay them out and pin the necessary sides together before you start.

Chrome Kitty, that makes sense. I think since I'm doing all different colors of hexagons, I'll join with white. Of course, I need to make a whole lot more than 3 hexagons!

Thanks for the help!