Gromit and Rachel

Rachelsteiner

Hello Rachel and welcome!!

I think the Gromit pattern may have been removed from the site. Yarnaholic (one of the sites moderators) poasted recently about copyright infringmentson derivitive works of copyrighted/licensed characters. you can read what she had to say http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37194 and I feel this could very well be the reason the pattern can no longer be found in Crochetville.

Perhaps the person within Crochetville who did design Gromit can write to the owners of whoever produces this program and ask for their PERMISSION to distribute their pattern freely. Never know your luck!!

Thanks for that

I am dying to make an amigugugug thingy. So far my crochet skills have been used to make Jewish Yarmulkes in single crochet often combining different colours and patterns, beanie hats in double crochet and a lovely wooly shawl for me. I have only just learnt crochet pattern interpretation - the shawl I just copied from a friend by drawing out in rachel-speak what I had to do. I seem to find crocheting with thick thread in single crochet difficult - the holes inbetween are too big - yuk. I really want to do a bucket hat too. Hopefully I will find a lot of ideas and help on this forum

thanks

rachel xxx

hi!

Gosh people are so friendly and nice -

I must put my work on the site but busy with my two months old baby girl

aww how lovely! you will have to introduce us to your little angel by way of a photo in the off topic forum

Thanks for that

I am dying to make an amigugugug thingy. So far my crochet skills have been used to make Jewish Yarmulkes in single crochet often combining different colours and patterns, beanie hats in double crochet and a lovely wooly shawl for me. I have only just learnt crochet pattern interpretation - the shawl I just copied from a friend by drawing out in rachel-speak what I had to do. I seem to find crocheting with thick thread in single crochet difficult - the holes inbetween are too big - yuk. I really want to do a bucket hat too. Hopefully I will find a lot of ideas and help on this forum

thanks

rachel xxx

It sounds like you have achieved a lot with very little help! Congratulations about that. I had to laugh at your "rachel speak", but at least you have found a way to do what works. Ask anything here, we're always around to help! If you have a hunt around in the Seeking Locals Crocheters forum you may find others in your area who'd be willing to meet up at a cafe and over a chat and a cuppa show you some things. Crochetville is truly inspiring! Don't forget to post photos of your works when you get the time. I have a young daughter too so I know what that is like. Best wishes on your crochet and your lil family :manyheart

Michelle

Rachel, yes, Shell is right that the Gromit pattern has been removed due to trademark/copyright infringement issues. The post she references gives all the detailed information about the issues involved.

If the designer of the pattern can obtain permission fromthe Gromit trademark holder to distribute the pattern, we'll be happy to add the pattern back to the regular part of the site.

:welcome to C'ville, Rachel! WOW! All the way from Jerusalem!

:waving Glad to have you here! It's an exciting and fun place to be and has a wealth of information and things to do! Just browse through the forums and you’ll be surprised! Also, the members, administrators and coordinators are extremely friendly and helpful! :cheer:clap

:manyheart:hug:ghug

I am sory that you couldn't find the pattern.

:welcome from Wisconsin and let me present you a:flowerfor joining us, along with :ghug. :tupfor beginning a fun way to spend a day. :wavingcome often and :dreaming of all your future projects like the rest of us. I hope you grow to :manyheart it here.

Archived