autumn cloche

I made the autumn cloche this weekend. I love this hat! (from the CPAD calendar.) I've made two so far, and I want to make lots more. At first, the pattern seemed oddly written. but I just went ahead and did it! I'm very happy with it. If I could, I'd take a picture, but that'll take forever. i have a camera that uses film.

Can anyone post a pic of what this looks like in the pattern at least?

It's a hat people... I need to see this thing

could we have a little compassion for a sister who believes that hats are the cure for everything from hangnails to the common cold (seriously on that common cold bit) :sigh

If the autumn cloche is the fourth design on the page in beige, the attached flower is simply an 8sided octagon, with curliques attached.

With yarn and any hook, ch 4, leaving long tail, sl st to join in ring,

working into ring and over tail (you will pull this later to close center hole), work 8 sc into ring., join with sl st to first st ch1

work 2 sc into each sc. join with sl st , check for size, ch1 if needed

work 1 sc into next st, 2 sc into next, repeat to end, join with sl st, check for size.

You will be able to see slightly 8 sides shape forming. You can sl st to each corner, ch 12 or more, work back down ch, working 3 or 4 sc in each ch loop to center, sl st into center, turn and work 2 more rows if you want, adding a cc color or you can work each curli separately and sew them on.

It's very, very easy.

Most likely the flower as shown on the hat is stay stitched out at the end of the curli so it doesn't droop--that would be an executive decision.

Another variation I am using currently on floppy brim hats for little girls is to make more curlis and fill the center with little short ones so it sort of resembles a chrysanthemum (sic).

Llinn

Archived