Tunisian Joining

I would like to try this to join my latest BICO.

I think that if I start in the armpit and go down to the hem -and then get back to the armpit with completing the row - I will be in position to then work the arm over and back without breaking off.

I believe, correctly or otherwise, that this technique would not go around corners happily. yes? / No?

what do others think about this going around corners and/or my possible solution? I'm going to bed now so I can't try till tomorrow so feel free to discuss among yourselves :lol

That is really a great technique! I had my concerns about my two-colour join and it was a perfect look from the outside. The stitches just lined up perfectly to give a clean edge to the white portion. Will use this again fer shure

I haven't tried that, but thanks for posting. I discovered a great way to join by doing a single crochet, or slip stitch, in a stitch on first piece, then doing the same in the stitch on the second piece, alternating all the way. It is very easy, and the seam is fabulous.

That is really a great technique! I had my concerns about my two-colour join and it was a perfect look from the outside. The stitches just lined up perfectly to give a clean edge to the white portion. Will use this again fer shure

darski, does it look very different from a slip stitch join, in your opinion? And is it less bulky?

I read the Annie's article and was intrigued, but trying to picture it in my mind. . . it seemed to me the actual joining part, where you are going through the two layers and pulling through a loop, is exactly the same as a slip stitch join. Yet they said this way was superior. . .

Is it perhaps where the "ridge" part lies, i.e. maybe with a tunisian join the row you've worked lies more to one side than a slip stitch seam does? In the pic it did look to me still quite a substantial ridge on the inside. I've always tended to use an alternating join like Tepperwear because of this, to get the piece to lie flat.

I'm being lazy picking your brains but I just haven't got round to getting the hook and yarn out yet to try it.

Smiles,

I stumbled across this method for joining pieces. I had never seen it before. I want to play with this. It looks so smooth. Do any of you use this method?

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=497

I tried this, but I wasn't thrilled with how it looked - or how long it took vs my usual method of using a large-eyed needle and joining the squares through their back loops... But then I'm still not happy with the look I get when I try my hand at Tunisian crochet in general! It's a shame, too, because my mom used to crochet this way - and do cross stitch over the stitches.:hook

Archived