New Crochet-Related Podcast: Unwound

kellilee

I hope you don't mind a little self-promotion. :blush I just launched the debut episode of my podcast: Unwound and I wanted to invite you take a listen. I am a crocheter first, knitter second, and love all things fiber-related. My podcast will include stories on fiber-related companies, products, and services, pattern profiles, new book announcements, listener polls, and much more.

Visit http://www.unwoundpodcast.com to download the show or listen from your computer. You can also subscribe via iTunes. THANK YOU to an awesome community of crocheters for inspiring me!

album_art_2_1.jpg

I swore I would never get sucked into the podcast listening universe. I think I am going to have to go against that though, I am listening now and enjoying it. So I have offically subscribed. :D

Thanks for your comments. I just visited the Unwound site from work to see what the problem might be. I generally download podcasts to my mp3 player using iTunes so I have not tested listening to the file directly from the website. Here's what I found:

To download the file to my computer, I right-clicked on the "Direct Download" link at the bottom of the post and selected "Save Target As" to start the download, waited patiently for about 5 minutes or so as the 33.9 MB file downloaded (it's about 38 minutes long), then I selected "Open" when the file had completed its download and my Windows Media Player opened up and started to play the podcast. [This process may be very different depending on your connection speed and default mp3 software. Since I'm at work, I have a super-fast connection.]

To listen directly from the website, I double-clicked on the title: "1 Unwound" and it automatically opened my Windows Media Player and started to play the podcast. [This may take awhile to open so please be patient.]

I hope this helps anyone who wants to take a listen and I'm so sorry that you had difficulties.

When I right-clicked on it to "save as" it only took a split second to save which I thought was odd so I'll try again and see if it works:)

*edit*

It's working now I just fiured out that I tried to save it from the wrong place lol.. I right-clicked on the title at the top.. not the one at the bottom.. d'oh! :lol

Wow! Your comments are MAKING MY DAY! I plan to produce two podcasts per month at first (look for Episode 2 around November 15) since I don't want to over-commit and then end up abandoning the podcast due to burn out.

I really hope you plan to participate in the listener's poll by calling the dedicated voicemail line (206-350-8181) or using the Odeo Studio and emailing your comment to me. I WILL include your comments on my next episode so there will be more than one voice to listen to AND I have a surprise planned for one lucky participant (think: free stuff).

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :yay

I left a comment on the podcast site so that said pretty much what I wanted to say, but I'll say it again.. I really liked it! I can't believe your cat is 21yrs old:eek my nans cat got to be 25 but I've never seen another cat get that old lol:D

I'm listening as I type. My immediate thoughts:

What an old cat! I didn't realize that is was possible for a cat to make it that long. You learn something new everyday.

The background info on SWTC and their products is very interesting. I think fiber lovers alike will enjoy listening to you describe how some of their yarns are made.

I'm going to try to call your line on my cell phone after 9pm ("free nights and weekends" are the best!) sometime soon to answer your listener question.

I'll be subscribing via iTunes!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the support and willingness to give the show a listen. I wanted to let you know that the second episode is now available for download. I feature Lily Chin and the Red Scarf Project plus pose a new listener poll. Just click here to listen.

Here is the easiest way to listen from the web site: Right-click on the "pod" icon to the left of the show title and "Save Target As" to download the show (mp3 file) to your computer. Depending on your computer and your Internet connection speed, this download could take 3 to 5 minutes or longer. Each show is 30 to 40 MB long (or roughly 30 to 40 minutes) so the file is pretty large.

Once the file has downloaded, it will give you the option to "Open" and when you click this, your computer will play the show in your default mp3 player (like Windows Media Player).

Thanks for listening!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! Unwound's audience has grown to 400+ listeners thanks to the Crochetville community.

On this episode of Unwound, I:

1. Give thanks.

2. Share a design opportunity.

3. Tell you how I recently came out of the closet to my co-workers.

4. Profile another Candi Jensen crochet baby cardigan pattern.

5. Introduce you to a number of fiber-related travel destinations.

6. Share your answers to past listener’s polls and then pose a new poll.

7. Announce 5 books.

• 5 weeks later...

Listen to Episode 4 of Unwound

1. Thanks

2. Seaming Tip by Rene at Knits Finished

3. Pattern Profile

Stripy Throw from Erika Knight's

Made from

4. Ungifting a Handmade Item

5. Aftercare of Knitted and Crocheted Projects

Natural Moth Repellant:

6. Winner of the Book Drawing: Christine in Northern California

7. Listener Poll

8. Book Review by Amy in Northern California

9. Books

by Nikol Lohr

by Sherri and Michelle Haab

by Lee Raven

Listen to Episode 5 of Unwound

1. Thanks

2. Pets and Crafts

3. Pet Hair to Yarn

4. VIP Fibers, Inc. Custom Spinnery

5. Winner of the Book Drawing: Wendy in Tampa Bay Area, FL

6. Listener Poll

7. Book Review by Christine in Northern California

8. Books

by Erika Knight

Forever by Erika Knight

by Lily Chin

by Julie Murray

Thank you so much for your continued support of the podcast. Crochetville has been most kind to let me self-promote this project week in and week out. :manyheart

Please consider participating in the weekly poll - add your voice to Unwound (and take a chance at a free book!)

Listen to Episode 6 of Unwound

1. Thanks

by Betsy in Nagoya, Japan

2. Red Scarf Project Update

3. Nicky Epstein

4. Winner of the Book Drawing: C4G in Madison, WI

5. Winner of the Stitch 'n Bitch 2007 Page-a-Day Calendar: Nicole in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

6. Listener Poll

7. Book Review by Wendy in Tampa Bay Area of Florida

by Erika Knight

8. Books

Archived