rainbow colours

I always use the trick I learned in grade school...the name Roy G. Biv...for the rainbow colors...Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet...and that's the order they show up in on a real rainbow too! Good luck!

Jessie

The colors I used for that afghan were Caron Simply Soft Brites except for the red & white. Those two were just regular Caron Simply Soft. The colors are Red, Mango, Lemonade, Limelight, Berry Blue and Grape.

At the end of my first post in that link is a list of tidbits to help get through the pattern.:hook

to make the colors "fade" into one another, hold 2 strands of the same color together for a few rows, then drop 1 strand and pick up one strand of the next color for a few rows (now holding the first color and the second color) then drop the first color and pick up another of the second color for a few rows, ect, always using 2 strands and remembering to do a few rows of 2 strands the same color in between 2 strands of different colors. This makes the colors flow into each other. It is very beautiful. And you get to use a bigger hook so you get done faster. Hope this wasn't to confusing. Looks great on ripple afghans, round or straight.

Heart...I'm so going to steal that idea for the next blanket I make!! There are 2 pregger buddies of mine that I haven't done blankets for yet...think I'll start with theirs...I never would have thought of that, but I can see in my mind how it would work...thanks for sharing the tip!!!

Jessie

to make the colors "fade" into one another, hold 2 strands of the same color together for a few rows, then drop 1 strand and pick up one strand of the next color for a few rows (now holding the first color and the second color) then drop the first color and pick up another of the second color for a few rows, ect, always using 2 strands and remembering to do a few rows of 2 strands the same color in between 2 strands of different colors. This makes the colors flow into each other. It is very beautiful. And you get to use a bigger hook so you get done faster. Hope this wasn't to confusing. Looks great on ripple afghans, round or straight.

Thanks a lot for your help :clap Today I will get yarn for this rainbow afghan and the tipp from your Heart is very good. :yay

Kerstin

I found this at Annies'

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=442

what a neat tool, wonder where it could be found locally.

I wonder whatever happened to my old trusty colourwheel :think

Those color wheels can be found at Micheals or ACMoore in the art/paint section. artist shops might have them too.

Ellie 13

Brilliant!

Hi together,

i want to crochet an afghan in rainbow colours, but I have no Idea what colours I need? I saw one here but I dont no were the photo is.

Kerstin

Get one each: red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple. line them up and see if the shades look good together. I like pastels for babies and brights for ages 3+ yrs. There is a R H yarn called Mexicana that has all the colors in it (verigated?), it works great wth black edges.

Ellie 13

to make the colors "fade" into one another, hold 2 strands of the same color together for a few rows, then drop 1 strand and pick up one strand of the next color for a few rows

I agree with everyone else, that's a great idea. Something I never would have thought of, but sounds like it would be cool.

Archived