Just wanted to say hello!

spinabunny

Hi! :waving I'm Chris from the SF Bay area. Just learned about this interesting group and am excited about being able to connect with fellow fiber lovers! Learning to crochet was my first experience at creating beautiful things with thread! My grandmother taught me to make pillowcase lace to adorn my first pair of pillowcases that she had just taught me to embroider. Although I have done much more knitting and spinning over the years, crochet and embroidery will always hold a special place in my heart:heart because of my memories of my grandmother's kind, warm, hands holding my small ones, and patiently teaching me work those magical loops! Lately, I have been gathering information on hairpin lace so I can share it with some of my fiber friends at our upcoming Lighthouse retreat. I haven't made anything out of hairpin lace since I created a beautiful baby afghan for my firstborn son, 36 years ago. I have since researched this beautiful and versatile stitch that has fallen out of fashion over the years, collecting some lovely antique pieces and great patterns. Can't wait to share with my friends, and would love to hear from any of you who have used hairpin lace successfully and what you created with it? Bye, now. :waving Don't be strangers...let me know you're out there!

hi!! welcome to Crochetville. hope you don't get so hooked here you spend less time working with your beloved fibres!! Hairpin lace looks gorgeous and is something I want to try one day, best of luck with your group.

Hi Spinabunny! :welcome to C'ville! :waving Glad to have you here! It's an exciting and fun place to be and has a wealth of information and things to do! Just browse through the forums and you’ll be surprised! Also, the administrators and coordinators are extremely friendly and helpful! :cheer:clap

:manyheart:hug:ghug

Archived