TLC Heather Denim for a girl?

Hi Friends,

I just bought 5 skeins of TLC Heather Denim ( a blue jean color yarn) and was wondering if it would be right for a girl. I would trim it in a hot pink or light pink when we find out the baby's sex.

Would you do it? Blue jeans are fine for everyone, so why not blue jean colored yarn?

Just wondering. I would trim it in navy if it is a boy. Or maybe red. It depends on my mood.

:manyheart

I would - I LOVE the TLC heather denim. It's so pretty! Besides, I dressed my girls in PINK and people still called them "HE" and "HIM" :think . So, you do what YOU like. Besides, this way your daughter will use it longer - my daughter loves the color blue (at 7) and has outgrown the pink/purple stage.

I recently made a woman's caplet out of this and feel in love with the color. I trimmed it in navy shells, and added a navy flower.

Based on that, I think even if you wanted to do the navy trim for a girl, that would be okay. Not everyone dresses their babies in traditional pink anymore. I never saw my neighbor's daughter in a dress until she was 2 years old. Before then, her mom dressed her in what looked like boy's clothes. It was only after her daughter became opinionated in wanting pink and dresses that her mom finally gave in.

Congrats on your upcoming baby!

I shall dress my daughter in shades of periwinkle and green, and she won't own anything pink until she asks for it.

I made a baby blanket for a friend's daughter last month, used baby blue, on purpose. I don't have a problem with pink, per se, but here's the thing. EVERYONE gives baby girls pink stuff. My blue blanket will always stand out. :)

So in other words, yes, go for it!

Oh, boy. The baby will be my son's bus driver's. And they found out that it will be a boy in January, so I decided to trim it in bright red. I think the denim and red will be a nice color combination.

Thanks for all the kind words and discussion about the color.

:manyheart

Archived