When giving dishcloths for Christmas . . .

It really depends on who I am giving them to. I usually can't stop at dishcloths for the gift, I would usually top a nice decorative towel with a crocheted hanger and make a hot pad and trivet to go with the dishcloths, all matching, of course.

Then, I either just wrap them together or put them in a basket, then wrap them. But this is just me :hook

I like to give things in sets of three (an idiosyncracy of mine); anyway, when I give a dishcloth I also include a topped towel, and either a hotpad, pot holder or a scrubbie. Depending on the reason for the gift I may give all 5 items togther. I have made a few of the baskets PoisonApple referenced; they are quaint, easy, and fairly quick to make up.

I roll them up and then I crochet a long chain with leftover cotton yarn to use as a ribbon. This year, I have those "Crocheted for you by..." labels and I am going to sew them onto a strip of fabric or a ribbon to bundle them up. From there, I sometimes put them in either a basket or gift box with dishsoap, Bath and Body works handsoap, or other kitchen gadgets or crocheted kitchen items.

I just roll them up and put them in a cheep christmas bag, I can tell you people LOVE them, in fact, if I made enough for everyone I know that wants some for Christmas, I would have to make a hundred!! So I am sure they will love yours no matter how you give them, its from the heart.

Archived