Hankies to crochet edging around

luckybmr

Is this for the christening hats that are made and then used at the girls wedding for luck? My mom use to make them and as the babies got bigger, she switched to napkins.

Here is a place I found when I googles hankerchiefs.

Hope this helps.

http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=25474&media=G00372&days=XVQ

No not for the baby hats - I have seen those and they are just beautiful, especially when it is taken apart to be used for the wedding.

Both of these sites will be helpful. My mo wants to crochet around hankies (why I don't know, but okay she wants too). I need to get more information out of her as to exactly what she is looking for. She asked in JoAnn's today if they had hankies and that is how this started.

Thanks for all the help.

Happy Crocheting!

I bought a bunch at Wal-Mart in the accessories Dept. They were white with a single flower embroidered on one corner, and I think you got 2 in a pack for $1. Not sure about the price as it's been ages since I paid for them. They look very pretty with crocheted edging on them. I've also seen vintage looking printed ones at Walgreens. Neither of these are fancy by any means, but they are pretty and functional if that's what she wants them for.

I used to sell a lot of hankies, minus the edging a few years ago when I sold in stores. Older women bought them like hotcakes, so I think it's just that time period kind of thing. I was told some people bought them for bridal parties as well.

You can tell your mom also the fleece baby blankets that you can get for like $1-$3 at walmart, even dollar trees, have a blanket stitch on the edge, and it is perfect for crocheting an edging to. They really make a plain but comfy blankie very special. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...
Is this what you are looking for? Click on the Hankies and Doilies button on the lower left side

http://www.hhtatting.com/search.cfm

that is a great source... I have seen some at Hobby Lobby but this tatting site is awesome! For my older son's wedding, I bought an inexpensive one at Walmart, added a 3-D petal to the embroidered flower and then crocheted around the edge in Skacel's Manuela color (they have beautiful variegated thread). But I will use this site for my next one.

Thanks so much!

Archived