New Fav Dishcloth Pattern Thanks to Lunatic84

Ok, on another thread someone was asking about a dichcloth pattern that resembled a pic on some website or another. Lunitic 84 posted the following instructions in that thread (I have paraphrased a bit), it may or may not be an original pattern perse, but it made the most handsome dishcloth. I absolutely LOVE :manyheart how it turned out. Thank you Lunitic!!!

ch 28 (or desired length)

R1-*sc in 1st ch, dc in next ch* repeat between * across, ending with dc, ch 1, turn

repeat row 1 until desired size.

Pretty simple, but boy is it aesthetically pleasing.:yes

Lunitic84 says she likes to do hers in the BLO, I did not prefer this myself.

I chained 26, crocheted in both loops for the full pattern. Then I edged it with a purl crochet (?-this is what it is called on www.fullofstitches.com - learned this stitch a few weeks ago, and love how it looks, a more "handsome" look to me) evenly spaced around the four sides. If I would stop crocheting, and perusing the C'ville, I might have time to learn to post pics :photo so you could see what a great pattern Lunitic has shared.

I gave this a try the other night and really like it as well. It's an easy, quick pattern to work up, easy to remember, and looks really nice. I haven't made one for myself to use yet, so don't know how it performs, but it has a nice texture--unexpected for such a simple pattern! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Tabby

Archived