Calling all Stargate Fans!!

Just wondering...:think Who would be interested in an afghan pattern that is in the shape of ....

you guessed it!!

THE STARGATE ITSELF!!?!

Okay, realistically, the pattern isn't ready yet, and I have to brush up on my rusty geometry skills--haven't needed them in about, oh, let's not say how long :blush. I'm needing dh to help me do some of the math, because it's in a huge circle and I need to figure out just how many gray trapezoids to make (I know I only need 7 gray-and-red chevrons, though!! ;)). So, is it worth it for me to finish designing it? Haha!! Just kidding! OF COURSE it's worth designing!! Anyway, who'd be interested in it once it's finished? I'll send it to you for FREE!! (Besides, I hope to get enough people together to make one for each of the cast members of SG-1: Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Richard Dean Anderson, and the folks who play Vala and Cameron [can't remember their names]). Any takers?

There is another one on line, in case you didn't know:

Yeah, I have the pattern, but I really don't enjoy working with graphs yet...maybe someday...This is something I thought would be more fun to make using less colors (just four--variegated blues, black, gray, and red). Also, wouldn't you like to dream of going through the stargate? :manyheart

Unfortunately, everyone, the Stargate image is trademarked, which means we can't allow links to any patterns featuring this image unless the site has obtained proper licensing arrangements.

You're welcome to post pictures of items that you create for your personal use or to give away, but please, no posting patterns or links to patterns.

I know it may seem that we are being unnecessarily restrictive, but I am acting on information I have received from several different attorneys who specialize in enforcing trademark and copyright law. We must take these actions to make sure that Crochetville is not brought into any lawsuit for being an accessory to trademark or copyright infringement.

Now that we have grown so large, and are continuing to grow by leaps and bounds each month, it's very imperative that we do not expose Crochetville to the risk of lawsuits.

Thanks for understanding!

Tracey, don't worry about it! Trademark issues aren't as familiar to most people as pattern copyright issues have become.

The real problem is that companies have to be very proactive about enforcing their trademarks/copyrights through legal action against those infringing upon them. If they don't protect them, they end up losing them. And as visible as Crochetville is in search engine rankings, if some company was out doing a search for violations on the 'net, chance are they'd pick up something here at the 'Ville pretty easily.

We don't want to be in trouble, and we certainly don't want our members getting in trouble because they were passing along a pattern for free out of truly good intentions. A violator would probably get a cease and desist letter first, but I know of some companies out there that are going straight to legal action. Nobody wants to risk that!

Probably one reason we don't see a lot of patterns featuring trademarked characters by individual designers is that the trademark owners charge hefty licensing fees, and the small designer just can't afford those fees. They'd never sell enough patterns to recoup their cost. And if they're just giving patterns away for free, they definitely wouldn't!

Archived