Furry Ingrate

I have a 12 yr. old cat-kittie. She is black & white & beautiful. She knows it too. She also has a little black nose & black "lipstick". She has had many cat beds over the yrs. & hasn't used any of them. She lives on my bed. Once in awhile, she moves to Mom's electric wheelchair because of a certain cushion. She loves it if I lay any kind of paper on the bed. She especially likes computer paper but any kind will do. She likes to lay on grocery bags also. It crinkles nicely as she shifts around. Barring paper or plastic bags, she "nests" in my cervical pillow. The hole in the middle is perfect for her little fat body. When I am in bed, she curls up next to me on top of the covers. She doesn't like to get under because her head gets covered. She is a dear sweet friend. My Mom & Dad are 85 & they adore her.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread keeps running through my mind at odd times and I just thought I would share something I learned today

For those who use Firefox, you can get a cat-themed browser window with cats all over the place - too funny! Well yeah, of course I got it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?cat=30&app=firefox&appfilter=firefox&type=T

The Ville is getting into more and more areas of my life it seems :heehee

• 1 month later...

I got this today in my Cybersalt Digest and just felt that it belonged in this thread.

Today's CleanLaugh - "Your Cat's New Year's Resolutions"

My human will never let me eat their pet hamster, and I am at peace with that.

I will not slurp fish food from the surface of the aquarium

I will not eat large numbers of assorted bugs, then come home and throw them up so the humans can see that I'm getting plenty of roughage.

I will not lean way over to drink out of the tub, fall in, and then pelt right for the box of clumping cat litter. (It took FOREVER to get the stuff out of my fur.)

I will not use the bathtub to store live mice for late-night snacks.

We will not play "Herd of Thundering Wildebeests Stampeding Across the Plains of the Serengeti" over any humans' bed while they're trying to sleep.

I cannot leap through closed windows to catch birds outside. If I forget this and bonk my head on the window and fall behind the couch in my attempt, I will not get up and do the same thing again.

I will not assume the patio door is open when I race outside to chase leaves.

I will not stick my paw into any container to see if there is something in it. If I do, I will not hiss and scratch when my human has to shave me to get the rubber cement out of my fur.

If I bite the cactus, it will bite back.

When it rains, it will be raining on all sides of the house.

It is not necessary to check every door.

I will not play "dead cat on the stairs" while people are trying to bring in groceries or laundry, or else one of these days, it will really come true.

When the humans play darts, I will not leap into the air and attempt to catch them.

I will not swat my human's head repeatedly when they are on the family room floor trying to do sit ups.

When my human is typing at the computer, their forearms are *not* a hammock.

Computer and TV screens do not exist to backlight my lovely tail.

I will not puff my entire body to twice its size for no reason after my human has watched a horror movie.

I will not stand on the bathroom counter, stare down the hall, and growl at NOTHING after my human has watched the X-Files.

I will not drag dirty socks onto the bed at night and then yell at the top of my lungs so that my humans can admire my "kill."

I will not perch on my human's chest in the middle of the night and stare until they wake up.

I will not walk on the key board when my human is writing important adagfsg gdjag ;ln.

:wlol:cat

LMBO Darski, I love those resolutions. Now if only I could convince my kittens to live up to some of them.

I adopted Boots and Sweetikins from my daughter's friend when they had to move to a place that didn't allow cats. The conditions I took the cats in were that they both had to be female. Turns out, Sweetikins is a boy and was "Wrestling" with his mom Boots but that's another story.

I tend to call them Psycho Mama and Psycho Brat because those two are really something. They'll be sound asleep on opposite sides of the room then suddenly jump up and attack each other. Their favorite hobby though is to wait until I put my WIP down to get a drink or cook dinner then they'll climb into it and tangle the yarn around themselves. Takes me forever to untangle everything and find my spot again.

We will not play "Herd of Thundering Wildebeests Stampeding Across the Plains of the Serengeti" over any humans' bed while they're trying to sleep.

I will not drag dirty socks onto the bed at night and then yell at the top of my lungs so that my humans can admire my "kill."

I will not perch on my human's chest in the middle of the night and stare until they wake up.

My darling Psychos combine these into one activity, especially if it's 4AM and I've just recently fallen asleep finally. It's a good thing I love the fuzzballs or this would be one of the things that would find them a new home.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

My boyfriend told me about the cat that "raised" him- it was his dad's cat before he was born, the cat was a good 7 years older than him and thought my boyfriend was her kitten.

Every night she would come into his room and sleep on his head, and if he didn't go to bed on time she would come out to yell at him for being up too late!

She would also pounce on stuff in front of him, then bat it to him with that "now you try!" look. Teaching him to hunt kleenex balls, I guess :)

I Love My Cats! I Love My Cats! I Love My Cats!

I have to remind myself everyday. We have 6 darlings.

1) We also have a Psycho cat, however her name is Psyco B#*@h (or Baby for short). She will yeowel, growl and howl everytime someone walks past her. But if she is all alone on my bed she purrs like a kitten!

2&3) Twister and Ivy are your typical cats, set down laundry and they are all over it, even if you are "trying" to fold it!

4) Our old gal Patches is knocking on 18 yrs. now, and she lives in front of the heat duct in the winter and on the sunporch basking away in the summer.

5) Angel is our "princess mini kitty", she's very small. She's a scaredy cat and flinches and runs at any sudden movements.

6) And then there is Chunk! He's a Maine Coon, very large, and he gets his name from the chubby kid in the Goonies movie. He's our newest addition and is still trying to find his place in the hierarchy. His favorite place to cuddle is on your lap in the bathroom, if you get my drift!

Kim

Thanks for the laughs everyone! I have 2 kitties now, and I never cared for cats for the first 40 years of my life! I adore these furballs and would do anything for them! One sleeps wrapped around my head on my pillow or right next to my face, usually with 2 feet IN my face, and the other sleeps either between my legs or ON my legs!

Eric looks like my Tazzie. I adopted Tazzie from the North Texas Humane Society. She is a sweet,however, strange cat. She'll sleep on anything warm. But don't leave your coat or sweater laying around unless you are collecting Tazzie hair!:haha Tazzie collects q-tips! She'll play with it awhile, then pick it up by one end & carry it, walks so funny, you'd think it was huge, drops it in her dry food dish. I have to clean them out regularly to have room for her real food! She loves boxes too. She has scared the stuff out of me more times than I care to remember hiding in them.:lol She thinks it's great fun to wait until I am picking something up outside the box & will jump straight up & swat at me! She is so much fun! I got her after my old cat(17 yrs) died. I'd forgot what fun a younger cat is. Still miss my "Gidget" but Tazzie's lots of fun.

I have an odd question--does anyone else's cat "clean" them. I woke up this morning to my cat lying on my pillow licking my hair. Not exactly the greatest way to start the day. :eek My cat does this on a rare occasion, but she hasn't done it for the longest time (until today). Just wondering if anyone else has ever woken up to a kitty bath :lol

ccbear~ My lathe does that kindof. She is a black tuxedo pictured on my shoulder in my avatar. She has to be on me or near me. She is a shop cat now that came in wild and I domesticated. She sleeps on her back in my arms for most of the time and my arm or hand will get its bath at least three times a week. She also removes any fleas she thinks maybe there. Winter time, it is cold in the shop so I have a big hoodie that I wear, If I am sitting then she will come over and try to get inside the hoodie were she can sleep nice and warm and safe. The other day, I had the hoodie unzipped and I still had a crocheted scarf that is a circle on. So she starts searching how to get inside my clothing to be warm. She flipped herself into my scarf and proceded to sleep there for hours. Talk about a pain in the neck.

I have three cats, Lathe, the Tuxedo, Mama a black and white ( she is Lathe's Mother) And Abby my oldest a 17 year old tabby. Abby is a rescued cat. My girlfriend and I found her in a bag in the river. She wasn't in good shape and the vet begged me to put her down. Well my daughter was just born and I was having to get up with the baby anyway, I told the vet I had to try. She grew up with the children and I know that she doesn't have much more in her. She is almost toothless, and has an overactive thyroid, so she vomits without the proper medication. And she is senile so she attaches because you didn't pet her, or you looked at her the same way. It's great. She loves my crocheted throws I have on the couch, but won't use the one I made for her.

Great thread...I've had many a cat that would shun all kitty beds given to them...until Serenghetti...I have crocheted her kittyghans and one bed so far and she LOVES them...LOVES them! Yes, she washes me occasionally, sometimes sleeps on the bed, but her favorite place at the moment is her crocheted kitty bed, covered with her kittyghan in front of her "fireplace..." (an electric heater that put out a very nice glow...)

She is a fiber whore...loves to fold clothes with use, play under my long skirts when I wear them (like when I'm standing and trying to cook dinner) loves to make the bed (that's a fun game) and loves to play what I've come to call, "kitty fly fishing..." with my yarn...she jumps up, grabs whatever yarn I'm working on and runs to her bed with it and then lets go, I reel it back and she comes back for 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths...

I've never had a cat quite like her before...she's a keeper...

Am loving all the stories...

:no My cat does not like cat beds. He prefers my bed, the couch, chairs, any people related sitting areas.

I was crocheting a shawl for someone once. I layed it out on the bed to see the colors, size etc. The cat apparently followed me and jumped on the bed and proceeded to lay down on the shawl....:eek I was horrified. After finally coaxing him to get off the shawl, I decided to make a cat-ghan for him out of the scraps of yarn I had left over. He adores his cat-ghan shawl. I don't know what it is with the yarn in general, but when he sees me with it, doing something with it he has to be right there. It is too funny. :lol

My little black kitty Sass :manyheart will turn 8 years old soon. She loves to sleep with me in bed (or sometimes dd will suffice), generally in a manner that's calculated to render me immobile (ie between the legs atop the covers). :)

She has her special spots around the house to nap in during the day (dd's nice white bedspread, a sunny spot in the dining room floor, back of the couch on top of an afghan or next to my computer). Today, for some reason I cannot fathom, she is curled up in the shadows in front of the fish tank. It's not a particularly welcoming kitty spot, but there she is. :think She has a fleece kitty bed that she sometimes use when it is fresh and clean, but the kids have moved it around so much I have no idea where it is now.

Sass doesn't play too much if she thinks anyone is watching, but spent some time staring in fascination at my new cable tunisian hook for a little while, and trying to sniff it as it flapped around. :lol

Awww, I love reading about all the kitties.

I'm just getting back to work after being on vacation for almost 3 weeks (it was a stay at home and relax with the kitties vacation). I had lots of quality time with the kitties. For some reason, my eldest kitty, Sam (13), slept with me a lot while I was home, and several times slept on my pillow. He rarely does that (my kitty Elektra, who died at 19 this past summer used to do it all the time). When he does sleep with me, he thinks it's great fun to bite my fingers when I pet him (he gives them as love bites, but he doesn't quite realize how much it hurts).

As for kitties bathing me, my kitty Charlie loves to sit next to me on the sofa. When I reach over to pet her, she immediately starts to wash my hand. I'm sure she thinks I have the dirtiest hands she's ever seen, because she really goes to town on bathing my hands (I think it's just that she likes the hand lotion I'm using, because it's so dry these days and I use a lot of it).

I also totally related to the Thundering Herd of Wildebeests resolution: my apartment is a corner unit and the kitties have discovered they can go through the living room, into the second bedroom, through the guest bath and back to the living room in a circuit and think it's great fun. My neighbors downstairs swore they couldn't hear anything, but they just moved, so I may have to break in new neighbors.

I love the kitty stories!!!

I am Mom to 3 furry children - who are blissfully unaware of their 'dogness'. Chase and Chance are brothers - Cocker/Beagle mixes, and Bandit - a stray Heinz 57. All 3 of them are sure they are people. They watch tv, sit on the couch, and they have the 'herd of wildebeast' thing down pat!!!!

My husband shaves his head, and Chance loves to climb onto the back of the couch behind him and clean his head for him!!! Chance has been known to fall asleep on the back of the couch, fall off, and walk away with a very cat-like "I meant to do that"!

Now if I could only figure out how to crochet a cat bed that looks like a basket of clean folded laundry I'd be golden!

ugh my kitty likes dirty clothes :yuck don't ask why... she especially loves used washclothes. It's her new catnip! She'll roll in them and bury herself in them...at least she does it Before they get all nice and clean :lol

this is also the cat who eats Cantaloupe and Watermelon...and enjoys it

:no I don't know you'd think something happened to her in her early years or something...she's so wierd!

But I love her just the same :heart

Yep yep, we used to call Thundering Herds of Wildebeasts "Thundering Herds of Kitties". My dearly departed Monkey Boy, a 27 pound RagaMuffin, discovered this game when we moved into a house with hardwood floors. He loved it and would run back and forth for an hour! Drove me nuts ;) My current little black cat, Misa (since I use her name as my user name, can we tell I'm a little obsessive about my cats?) has made her own bed. DH purchased me one of those little afghan size electric blankets but it has been confiscated by that little rascal as her bed!

Oh Darski that was the funniest thing I've read in months! :rofl :rofl :rofl Gotta email that to all the buddy list :D

ugh my kitty likes dirty clothes :yuck don't ask why... she especially loves used washclothes. It's her new catnip! She'll roll in them and bury herself in them...at least she does it Before they get all nice and clean :lol

this is also the cat who eats Cantaloupe and Watermelon...and enjoys it

:no I don't know you'd think something happened to her in her early years or something...she's so wierd!

But I love her just the same :heart

I've had a few cats that just would get off on smelly clothes...total catnip to them...the more sweaty and smelly the better...Serenghetti loves my husband's shoes...she's been known to stick her whole head into one of his shoes and she likes to put her toys in them (she is a very unique kitty for us...none of our other cats ever did that...)

Yep yep, we used to call Thundering Herds of Wildebeasts "Thundering Herds of Kitties". My dearly departed Monkey Boy, a 27 pound RagaMuffin, discovered this game when we moved into a house with hardwood floors. He loved it and would run back and forth for an hour! Drove me nuts ;) My current little black cat, Misa (since I use her name as my user name, can we tell I'm a little obsessive about my cats?) has made her own bed. DH purchased me one of those little afghan size electric blankets but it has been confiscated by that little rascal as her bed!

Oh Darski that was the funniest thing I've read in months! :rofl :rofl :rofl Gotta email that to all the buddy list :D

I call that one of 2 things, "Thundering Pawbeats..." or "Kittinopolis 500..."

Amazing how much noise these little furballs can make when they want to in a non meowing way...

We are slaves to two three month old kittens. I crochet constantly and while I was making a blanket for a christmas gift they alternated grabbing the yarn and running with it in their mouths and sleeping on the finished parts. I have so many projects going that I keep each one in a plastic wal-mart bag. They are constantly playing with the empty bad=gs and have discovered the bags of projects so now they are wrestling on the bags and tangling yarn as well. They are lucky that they are cute and I love them otherwise they would have grown wings by now.

CHrissy

Archived