Furry Ingrate

my cat is also a fan of the cardboard box--any size, even shoe boxes. But never in a million years would I think a cat would climb into a pie pan!:rofl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:think Maybe you could try putting your clean laundry IN the cat bed? :P Just joking. I don't know what to tell you; but I love reading about all these cat stories. :cat

Tina

What if you freshly launder the cat basket and put it in your laundry basket?

This thread is so funny...you all have me in stitches. Was the pancake inspired by Oolong the rabbit?

What if you freshly launder the cat basket and put it in your laundry basket?

This thread is so funny...you all have me in stitches. Was the pancake inspired by Oolong the rabbit?

Yes, yes it was! I never knew where the rabbit came from before, though! I belong to a car discussion message board and someone posted a picture of that bunny with a pancake on his head, and DH suggested I try that with Spike next time I was visiting my parents. :rofl It worked...

Oh, and then he ate the pancake!

:lol That's a really funny story about the bunny. My little kitten named Radar, is orange and blind in one eye but he loves to sleep on top of the computer monitor.:rofl. Matter of fact he's on it right now too. I gave up trying to keep him off it. He must like the warm air coming of the top of it .:devil

Cats love heat. The house queens move into the dining room with the wood stove as soon as we light it off and refuse to come sit with humans until it goes out in the spring. The wood pile and the carboard box of kindling are very popular perches. Of course this means our upstairs interloper has to be carried through the dining room or let out the back door and in the front in order to prevent warfare. We've only had him 3 years and the queens have not yet accepted his presence.

They are remarkably territorial critters.

Llinn

Actually my snugglebugs are very affectionate right now. Their "Daddy" is on a business trip and we're all 3 alone Monday-Thursday of this week. I don't know who said dogs are more loyal than cats... DH usually feeds them so I had to put a pair of his dirty socks behind their bowls this morning. No, I'm not kidding. I guess his smell needs to be near their food or something?

Other than food times, they won't leave me alone. Since I'm taking this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to crochet as much as I please without being nagged about, you know, cooking, laundry, and errands (sheesh, the nerve of him!), they have had a lot of fun with yarn these past few days.

Also, the baby doll I purchased to model my baby dresses as I create them has become Bentley's favorite snuggling apparatus. Every time I come into the room, he's spooning her. :rofl

Tbird--how did you get my cat Daisy?? Looks just like my girl!!

The 3 cats that run my house like piles of clean laundry year-round, but they are seeking out the cat beds now that it's getting cool out (finally!). I have fleece squares around the house, too, since my 17-year-old boy needs to always have a soft, warm place for his old bones to rest on. He's also a fan of small cardboard boxes.

For some reason, the pillows on my bed are the favorite catnapping spot. And cat vomiting spot.

:P

^^ Mine actually vomit just outside the laundry basket, and then reach into the basket to use clothing to wipe it up themselves. Or just smear it around the carpet and cover it up with the clothes, so I don't find it until the next time I do laundry.

oh my gosh, I am just dying over all these story's and I have to say that bunny picture just made my day. I love it. It's nice to know that everything that my furbabies do around here is normal behavior, their not alone, lol. I think I have to say is the absolute funniest is watching my little doxies or the kitties drive my hubby insane when he does fold laundry and he insists on sitting on the floor and doing it, and they try to crawl into the folded piles of separated clothes, making a mess, lol. Or the other dogs will stand and look at him and grab something and run, lol. I swear they do it just to get him going.

Kim

My cat Donald Trump (he died a couple of years ago :() He loved the warm dryer. Once he actually climbed into the dryerr when I opened the door to grab something out, and I didn't know it!! I turned the dryer on and heard him yewol. So he didn't get hurt but he avoided the dryer after that!!!:(

^^ Mine actually vomit just outside the laundry basket, and then reach into the basket to use clothing to wipe it up themselves. Or just smear it around the carpet and cover it up with the clothes, so I don't find it until the next time I do laundry.

We have an old cat who has started to vomit in her litter box! It certainly makes life easier.

Sophie has three beds, two couches, 4 chairs, two perches, and two people beds to choose from. Lately, she is favoring her heated synthetic sheepskin bowl and the patio chair in the breakfast room. On occasion, she also sleeps on the pile of afghans (crocheted, of course) on the arm of the sofa, until she starts to fall off, rights herself, and jumps down all frustrated. Spooky sleeps either in the lazyboy, his sheepskin bed, or one of the other patio chairs (can't sit in any of the patio chairs without getting a cat hair butt), or wherever he plops himself on the floor.

:rofl :rofl :rofl You can tell that all of these cats rule the homes! :rofl :rofl

I have 2 that run my house. Both tend to show up when it is time to fold the laundry. One wants to lay in the nice warm spot, the other thinks that she ought to attack each item as you pick it up to fold.

Laundry has become rather entertainig. :lol

I don't have beds for either of them mainly because I didn't see the point. They sleep on the sofa, chair or my bed. Any time I have tried to get them to do anything I lose. I did want to make that felted pet bed and I probably will but like others here I will have to pretend it is something I don't want them to use. Then everything will be great!

I had my husband build perches or benches so they could sit there and look out the window instead they use the lamp stand. Any box that comes into the house is theirs.

Go figure!:cat

Ok, how many of you have your cats sleep in bed with you at night? I have 2 that sleep on the top of the blankets by my feet and one that sleeps on my arm under the blankets with just her head sticking out and I don't know where the other one sleeps.

I have had my cat since I was a teenager, she is about 15 years old now. Since she was a kitten she has always laid under the covers under one of my arms (until I start my tossing and turning, then she is out of there!) When I was pregnant she refused to lay next to me because the baby would kick her until she moved!:lol

Two of my three sleep on the bed with me at night. George either lays next to me or between my shins. Lana lays on top of me. I mean, right on top of me. this morning I woke up with her on my stomach. If I'm lying on my side, she just crawls up and settles her bottom in the little valley my waist makes and props her torso and head up on my hips. It would be funny if I wasn't the kind of sucker who says "Oohh no, I can't move. Can't disturb the kitty." Consequently today I have a horrible stiff neck from the contorted positions I find myself sleeping in.

But it's a good thing the dogs don't sleep with me. I don't think I could survive the 85-lb dog sleeping on my side like Lana does.

Ok, how many of you have your cats sleep in bed with you at night? I have 2 that sleep on the top of the blankets by my feet and one that sleeps on my arm under the blankets with just her head sticking out and I don't know where the other one sleeps.

Neither of mine will sleep under the covers with me (although I would really enjoy that), but they will both sleep on top of the covers, on me. Especially if I'm sleeping in a position that creates a good "cat surface" (i.e. on my stomach, one leg kicked up in front of me, thereby creating a little nest between my chest and knee, or on my back, so my stomach is fully exposed).

One of them will only sleep on me in the early morning, for about an hour before I get up. He wants me to think he slept on me all night and thus he somehow deserves a double portion of breakfast!

The other one will sleep on me at any given time, provided DH is already completely unconscious when we start snuggling. He's terrified of DH for some reason, and so every time DH snores, or turns over, or talks in his sleep ("Hand me that wrench, babe!"), Bentley is off the bed like, well, a shot in the dark. :rofl

Oh man, I totally resemble that remark. I've got an incredibly sore neck and shoulders today, in part because of the yoga positions I tried last night to avoid squishing the Margaux-cat (who has perfected the art of looking sweet while doing the most annoying thing imaginable in a given situation).

DH sleeps in a sensible position; two of the cats drape themselves around him; and I get the 20% of the bed left over. Sheesh. I'm just relieved the *other* two cats don't have to get in on it...

tbird

my son has a 14 year old "paint kitty" as he called her when he was little. This pint size fur ball rules our house. She still sleeps with my son at night on his pillow wrapped around his head. One night she got out, she is an inside cat we do not want her out. AT 2am i was out in my pjs with him looking under the house with a flash light . He finally had to crawl under and get her. He hates it under there but would rather do that than be without the cat. Hannah, the queens name, by the way will stay in the laundry room on the floor in the sun. If a load comes out of the dryer you have to shut the door right away or in she goes. We lost her one day and realized she had been in the dryer for several hours just sleeping away. My son is 17yoa and i am not looking forward to the day that Hannah is no longer with us, will be very very hard. He even puts the cat before his girlfriend..

I got my first cat when I was 2 and she died while I was away at college. She wasn't allowed to sleep with me because she'd put her feet on my back and push and keep shifting me over. Then when my parents came to check on me, I'd be sleeping on the floor and the cat would be curled up in the corner of my bed.

Tbird, I can understand the gender confusion. I do it in reverse, though.I think they're girls and they turn out to be boys. LOL A vet tried to explain to me how to tell the difference, but I still get confused until they reach a certain age. My cats usually leave my crochet alone, but I don't dare leave my clothes lying around.

I never even thought to check the kitten's gender when we first got, uh, him -- I mean, Eric came from the Humane Society. Who'd think that the Humane Society couldn't tell the difference?

But at about 4 months old, Eric very VERY loudly went into heat for the first time. That was a dead giveaway. Very shortly thereafter we took her to the vet to be fixed...a memorable day also because it marked our very first tornado after we moved to Kansas. The vet was just down the street, and I insisted on sprinting to the vet to bring her home so she could be in the basement with the rest of us.

I remember taking a cat to the vet and arranging to have her spayed - the Doc said to do so.

On the day of surgery, I got a call from another vet saying that my cat was male and they couldn't spay HIM! :rofl

It's no my job to know this stuff

Archived