Comfortghan needed for 15yo girl..../Update post #77

minwifeof4boys

I have one square complete and working on a second. Please pm me with the address where to send them and I will do as many as I can before the mail runs (Mondays are my day off) and get them in the mail to you today!! My heart breaks for her and her family. They sound like a very strong and determined family, and I will say a prayor for them all.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart:

I just saw your square, that is so lovely. How beautiful. Did you use a pattern or was it free hand? I would love the pattern if it is your own. If not, can you tell me where you got it (which pattern book etc., ) I would love to have it. Again it is very lovely.

Thank You! Wasn't really a pattern, Just said a prayer and got started. But the daisy square is a pattern, here's the link

http://www.warmingfamilies.org/crpatt9.html

this is the heart pattern I used,

http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm

I just did a "flat braid joining" you can find it on priscilla's crochet site, ( I can't find the link, it seems to be always moving) and for the heart I just made a heart and kinda followed round 3 of the daisy square with 8 sc, ch4 loops on the back of the heart, so I could do the granny square pattern in the loops (just like a row 3 on a granny, same # of sts and corners) then just did a granny pattern around the edge to make it easier to join to the blanket. I also used the "whirly gig" novelty yarn, think it's by Yarn Bee, to embellish the edge. Plus, it looked kinda plain till I weaved it through. Thanks again. Hope I didn't confuse you) I've been told I explain to much...talk to much...huh, hahaha:D

Heart:

I just saw your square, that is so lovely. How beautiful. Did you use a pattern or was it free hand? I would love the pattern if it is your own. If not, can you tell me where you got it (which pattern book etc., ) I would love to have it. Again it is very lovely.

Lea

Watch your mail .. I sent just got back from the post office. I sent you a square and a few other goodies for her :D am sending lots of prayer and good thoughts her way.:manyheart

I'll be sending mine tomorrow...It came out so pretty! Red, purple and white kaleidescope flower square (12in) -- very happy and vibrant!

how may squares are going into it? 12? 15? more? :)

Well, I'm going to see how many I get...I want to have all the squares in by Nov.20 and then ship right after Thanksgiving so she can have it when she starts the next round of chemo....it will be a great treat.....

Today I recieved Wendy's squares....not bad after 10 years! WOW

..Janet, yours came too and I really think the 2 strands is my favorite...I'm going to use them both..

.. Sarah, Your square is even more remarkable in person....just beautiful, and thanks for the crosses and the pattern ( and the starch tip)..

I'm going to take a picture Friday or sat. of what I ahve gotten infor the week and do the same next week then a picture of the final before I ship...

...I am still waiting to hear about the PET scan...I'll let you know when I hear...

Thanks guys!

Heart...it started out as the 12 in. kaleidescope flower square from the Crochet Poet's pattern collection, but I must crochet tight, because it was nowhere near 12 inches, so at about 8 inches, I winged it...LOL.

Archived