Making friends on Crochetville

I have met the nicest people here and have made friends with several people - albeit cyber-friendship! Lookie what my friend Roli sent me after I helped develop a pattern for her Wolf bag (go here to see her tapestry crochet wolf bag) http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36776&highlight=tapestry+crochet)

I got a package in the mail today with a little present wrapped in purple paper & ribbons. My 2 yr. old GD was here and of course helped me unwrap it, then wore the ribbon in her hair. It's a magnifiying glass that you put on a keychain, and a beautiful cloth to clean my glasses - in its own little case with - believe it or not, my initials! The card she sent has a Jack Russell pup on it (Roli knows I have 2 JRTs) which looks exactly like my Maggie did when she was a lot younger (her head's mostly white now)! I hope you can see Maggie in the pic on the right - that was taken about 10 yrs. ago, modeling our matching jackets. We both look younger! :D

gift.jpg

Thank you, Roli. It was a nice gesture and I appreciate the lift it gave me! :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

p.s. I just remembered something funny - when my GS was about 4 he called a magnifying glass a "magic flying glass". That still cracks me up!

Shelle, both you and Maggie look great in that photo! And wearing matching outfits too! It was serendipity that your initials happen to be on the cloth case. I didn't even notice that! Thanks so much for all the help you've given me. I'll post a photo of my Bailey Bag when I finish it.

"Magic flying glass" :lol :lol :lol

Archived