After Granny?... the next step

what granny + squares would you recommend for beginning crocheters?

Assuming you have made the basic granny in one or more colours, which square(s) give you a chance to grow but with the training wheels on?

Please include links if you have them...

I would recommend the Granny a la Harper that I used for the charity squares - it looks good and works up quickly. (it uses sc, dc and trc. It teaches you how to square the circle - I'll find the link and add it in

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/7375/granny.html

yeah there are lots of books out there but beginners are not always willing to spend big bucks on a book if they are not sure the crochet thing will work out. i saw a few books at the Mary Maxim site that I would like to add to the list of my shelf own-ables.

I was trying to keep it easy for those learning and deciding whether to stay with this hobby. The net does do that for us.

thanks for both of these.... i am no beginner , have been crocheting for 35 yers but always on the look out for something simple that looks nice. i am making several 12" squares for someone and i think that these are just what i needed can add a couple of rows on the outside. I love crochetville

I agree Beth. I like to be able to get a nice look/texture from a distance with my squares. These ones seem to do that and the holes don't get too large for older fingers in senior homes

Archived