Do you also ....

I stumbled onto this one by accident while searching for patterns. i didn't know there were others but have seen a few people here post about them. i dont use them. why? when i have all i need right here!! :D

belong to any other crochet forums? I've visited a couple of others and I thought I saw some familiar names.

I'm a fairly active member of the crochet forum on About.com. It's actually my favorite crochet forum.

<ducking>

<avoiding rotten tomatoes>

But I dont think either Crochetville, or the about.com crochet forums are better than the other...just different. I like looking at the pictures of all the projects people do.

I used to be a regular on bellaonline.com crochet forum, but since they got a new moderator several months ago, I rarely go there anymore. There are other crochet forums like this one, but I found that most of the people who post there are regulars here, and the projects you see there, you see here too. So I pretty much just stick to crochetville now. Its my crochet home :)

I like Craftster - it's great for me when they have multiple interest forums, sometimes I DO do something other than crochet (not often, but sometimes! LOL)

I was a member at About dot com's knitting forum but i found it very dificult to navigate - they may have fixed that in the last 5 years :eek It's been a while.

I tend to think of Crafster as a knitting forum because that is what I found there but I can't stay logged in so posting can be a challenge and I find the language to be challenging as well.

I subscribe to 3 crochet mailing lists and visit the forum on the Drops/Garnstudio site every now and then. Apart from the 'Ville (of course!) :heart I don't really like most web forums. . . some of them are awful to navigate, and slow.

Smiles,

I used to frequent craftster, but some of the projects posted there weren't "kid friendly", and since my nieces and nephews are often over (and especially now that I'm temporarily lodging with them till I get my new place), I didn't want them to stumble on that, so I stopped going there. I know I know! To each his own, and I'm glad craftster is there for those who like that, but crocheted "female parts" just kinda turned me off them.

Now, i'm pretty much just a ville'er. Yeah for the ville!!!

Archived