Light Up Crochet Hook

Calesmommy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I purchased a K hook from the Patternworks site... I'm now eagerly awaiting its arrival in my mailbox for a through test drive... :emptymail

If anyone is in the Phoenix, AZ area, Yarn 'N More at 23rd Ave and Northern Ave is now carrying these hooks... so if you wanted to see/touch one in person, run on over there!

I just found them myself, and ordered the entire lot:) They were in a Mary Maxim catalogue. Hope you and find them if not I can see if I still have it, and tell you which one it is, or you can check them on line and order that way:yes

I just found them myself, and ordered the entire lot:) They were in a Mary Maxim catalogue. Hope you and find them if not I can see if I still have it, and tell you which one it is, or you can check them on line and order that way:yes

I saw them in the MM catalog also. They were $6.95 each, I think. That price I can handle them.

Will be ordering them soon.

:manyheart

I got my hooks from KnitPick about a week or so ago. I have not used them yet. I've been in a crochet slump lately - can't seem to pick up the hook for some reason. I just purchased Crochetroo's Bilby pattern and I'm thinking that will lift me out of the slump later today!

Pat

I just ordered one off ebay. It is a size I crochet lite hook. I paid $7.95 + $1.50 shipping. I thought it was fair and have been dying to try one. We drive from NY to NC at least once a year and I'm hoping this will work so I can crochet in the car when it's dark. Might make the trip go a little faster for me.

I got my three light up crochet hooks that I ordered from Patternworks, love them. I don't seem to have any trouble with the thicker handle, my gauge is good. I really like them for dark yarn, didn't realize how hard I had to look for holes...LOL They make it lots easier. I got sizes E,F,G I use the F the most. Glad I got them, might have to get the rest of the sizes.

• 5 months later...

Those are pricey for a hook. But maybe a nice xmas gift?

I wonder if anyone has tried those glow stick earrings taped or affixed to a hook? Maybe I'll try and report back.

Or if you had a dremel took... you could hollow out a clear hook... Ooo...

I just purchased 2 light up hooks from Herrschners.com for $8 each. I got a size G and a size H, as those are the two sizes I use most often. I really like them. They light up dark yarns and make the stitches easier to see. And they are smooth and comfortable to work with. I think I'll buy a few other sizes as well.

• 2 months later...

Knittingwarehouse.com had them on sale last week when I checked their site for 5.9 each with a flat rate shipping of $5.99. I just received the Herrschners catalog in the mail and they have a set of nine sizes for $59.99 and are offering free shipping.

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased mine at Michael's. I have started a baby blanket with it. The light really helps. On a trip where it was stormy and dim, it really made a difference. I sat out on my porch crocheting until it was dark. It really did work.

On the down side, the hook's plastic squeaks. It isn't loud enough anyone else can hear, but it gives me the willies. This blanket has TONS of picots, which is an awkward stitch, so maybe it wouldn't be squaking so much with just a regular crochet project.

• 2 weeks later...

Do they make ANY lighted hooks above size P?? So far, I usually use my Q hook, and I'd LOVE to get a lighted one (we travel a lot by car, and at night)...and I've never used anything below a K. :blush

MrsLewis[/size]907;1061751]Do they make ANY lighted hooks above size P?? So far, I usually use my Q hook, and I'd LOVE to get a lighted one (we travel a lot by car, and at night)...and I've never used anything below a K. :blush

You should write in to the copany, if there is a enough request then they will make them. Ideas for them they can make them, but they got to know first. I would write in with your ideas, it be a good one.

sunnywolfgar

Archived