roly poly christmas ornaments?

You could try using size 10 thread and size 7 hook. That should make them a little smaller on the tree.

I noticed they are made with ww yarn. If I calculate right, they may come to half the size. I am off to get this pattern now thanks,:hook

Oh, strange! I saw the loops on top of their heads and assumed that they were ornaments. They would make cute ornaments if they were small enough. If someone makes one soon......PLEASE share a pic and tell me what size it comes out to be.

I checked back becaue I wasn't sure if there were other Roly Poly thingys there:

Here is the blurb on the "Roly Poly Characters:

Roly-Poly Characters

Design by Michele Wilcox

Three round and rollicking toys bring smiles at the holidays

I do not want to click on your link because connecting to a pdf at Freepatterns freezes my system.

I do not want to click on your link because connecting to a pdf at Freepatterns freezes my system.

Have your tried reinstalling adobe? It sounds like you have a driver problem. To bad there is a lot of good stuff there!

I have everything from there (almost) already. It is just if I try to link directly to a PDF at the site because I have to log in everytime. Their demands and my system plus adobe just puts everything on coffee break while they figure out who gets preference.

I have done all the updates and all the rest. Actually, this problem is very common with adobe. It was while complaining about this problem that I learned to save link rather than loading the pdf

Darski, I had to uninstall Adobe Reader and reinstall the 7th version and all seems okay now.

As to the Rolly Polly's, I made some and used them on packages to kids. At the time, I did not have a camera, so no photos.

You could crochet with baby or sport yarn and use a B or C or D hook, and make them smaller, if you do not want to use thread.

As they are written, they CAN be hung on FAKE Christmas trees, but to put them on REAL trees, you just have to put them ON the branches and not HANG them on the branches. They are a bit heavy when stuffed.

I hope this helps you.

Darski I was going to say the same thing; once I uploaded to the new version, my computer doesn't freeze up any more. (I didn't know that was why, though, until now!) :lol

Tina

Archived