I would love to do a Comfortgan for my MIL!

sem464

My MIL is a really sweet person who is going through a really tough time right now & having to make some hard decissions. She has always enjoyed doing for others & ran circles around all of us!

She has recently been diagnosed with Poly Myalgia Reumatica (PMR). It attacks the tissue and muscles in the shoulders, hips, and sometimes neck. She was fortunate not to have her neck affected also. This is very painful and the quickest cure time is usually 6 months, but can be up to 2 years. This has left her fairly immoble for 3 months now. The treatment is starting to show some success. She drove today, for the first time in a very long time. But this is just part of her struggle. She has determined that she is not going to be able to stay in her house. She is going to have to move into an apartment after being in the same house for over 30 years.

I would love to put together a comfortgan for her. Something new she can take with her to her new home. I know she would appreciate the thought and effort put in by any of those who could help me. She has always been such a help to me and many others. I would like to return the same to her.

I am not too picky about what can be used, just no wool please (she is allergic). Acrylic, WW 8" (or multiples of 4") squares would be wonderful. any color goes. They do not have to be edged. I can do that when I am putting them together.

I will try my best , I have to find an 8" square pattern first..any particular colors?Please PM my your addy, I will have a couple for you by the end of the week. My prayers are out to your MIL and family!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you need any squares?:hug I'd love to help...otherwise I'm beginning to crochet for my local area's needs...I am so happy to be better (cast on left wrist came off this past Tuesday). I need to do for others now that I can hold the yarn in my left hand again and crochet!:clap:yay

You're a sweet dil...

Archived