Yaye for Crochet! Go us!

Has anyone else gotten the recent Better homes and Garden Simply Creative Crochet mag? I just read the coolest thing about crochet.

First in the "from the editor" page, she wrote that in surveys taken by The Craft Hobby Association clearly shows that there are more Crocheters in the United States than Knitters and that crochet is the 2nd most popular crafting catagory out of 39 catagories in a most recent survey.

Also on another page is says that according to the Craft Yarn Councl Association, Crocheters out number knitters three to one!!!

I just thought that was really cool and I wondered if anyone else had read about it or heard about it....

:hook:yarn

Was the number 1 category quilting? I always see so many quilting magazines when I am looking for crochet magazines. They seem to outnumber the crochet and knitting magazines put together!

If crocheters outnumber knitters there should be more crochet magazines!

I wouldn't doubt that quilting is in the number 1 catagory.

At the K-Mart across the street from my neighborhood, They used to carry Crochet magazines, but over the last year or so, the quilting magazines seemed to have taken over LOL

Archived