I just made a spectacle of myself at Michael's

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another set of :hug to you for standing up to that girl in public that way. That took courage and confidence, both wonderful things to possess!

Good for you!

No, you did not make a spectacle of yourself; you stood up for what is right, and that is commendable. Our society is to "PC"; we don't want to step on anyone's rights or hurt anyone's feelings, or impose our beliefs or values on anyone; we are told there is no absolute right, so therefore we should not interfere in someone else's business, no matter how objectionable, even at the expense of decency and morality. More folks need to step up and shame those who are being rude, disrepectful, obnaxious, profane, and vulgar, in public, and sometimes in private as well. Even if we do not feel we should stand up for ourselves, we should always stand up for others, without sinking to the level of the miscreant. You did the right thing, and should be proud of it.!!!

:tup I don't think you can "make a scene" when you stand up for what you believe. Cell phone chatter where everyone can hear is one thing, but the language thing is outrageous!!!!! And it's everywhere!!!!!! I say, Go girl.

You gave her a talking-to that her mother should have years ago. I have so little tolerance for being forced to hear people's cell conversations that I would have been enraged over that one. Other than almost being killed on a regular basis by people driving while on their cells, my worst experiences were twice when I was in store dressing rooms next door to women who had their cells on speaker phone and I had to listen to both ends at megaphone volume. They should be banned from dressing rooms as well as autos.

i think that more teenagers need to be told its not the right thing to do. if anyone ever caught my kids talking that nastyness i would hope that someone would call them on the carpet for it. My kids have been taught to be respectfull but what they do away from me i dont know about. YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!

Yes I absolutely agree, I have two teenage boys, but neither have a cell phone and won't until they can pay for it themselves. But boy I hope since I myself as well have taught them and raised them better than that they wouldn't subject others to this, that if they did, someone as brave as you would do the same thing. Yaaay for you. :cheer:clap:cheer I've done the same before, I won't tolerate that either, especially when I have my children with me. Nobody should have to.

Kim

I've never called anyone a piece of trash before... it was strangely exhilarating!

Stangely exhilarating because it was true. Thank you for not putting up with teenager crap! Her parents didn't teach her anything maybe you did!

You gave her a talking-to that her mother should have years ago. I have so little tolerance for being forced to hear people's cell conversations that I would have been enraged over that one. Other than almost being killed on a regular basis by people driving while on their cells, my worst experiences were twice when I was in store dressing rooms next door to women who had their cells on speaker phone and I had to listen to both ends at megaphone volume. They should be banned from dressing rooms as well as autos.

What about the truly stupid? The ones that walk into a public bathroom yapping on the phone and continue the conversation through the whole process. They are stupid enough to think the person on the other end can't hear anything or figure out what is going on. :eek

My husband works for an insurance company and was formerly in the claims department. He used to be amazed at the women that thought he didn't know they were using the bathroom during the call. And it is women not men doing this. Truly amazing.

Way to go!! I have this "bad" habit of saying "yes ma'am" or "no sir",etc. Many of my clients will say, "you don't have to call me (sir) or (ma'am)". I look at them and smile saying, "yes I do. My mother is 87, and taught me manners, and if she EVER thought I was being disrespectful w/o a very good reason, she would somehow manage to STILL turn me over her knee and tan my hide". Lol. They will usually go, "in that case, it's ok". lol

So many times nowadays, common curtesy and respect are not so common after all. Let's bring it back.

Sandy

:clap

YOU ROCK!!!!

I have a teenage daughter (no cell phone for her though) BUT if she was ever rude to someone like that girl was in Michael's, I would hope someone would set her straight!!!!

I would venture to say the spectacle had been made prior to your intervention. However, if you were a spectacle, YOU GO GIRL!! I think that pretty much expresses my opinion . . . . .

Big kudos to you to standing up to that rude little wench and her disrespectful attitude. THe elderly in our society deserve respect. And NO ONE should have to listen to what that girl was yammering on about in a public place. You didn't make a spectacle of yourself. You did great. :)

Archived