How old is your UFO or WIP?

Being kind of a Newbie on the board here the Crocheters against UFOs crochet-along really got me to thinking and forced me to pull out some of my UFO and "Face the Music".

I found a UFO that is 21 years old. I remember buying the Caron Dazzleaire yarn (long since discontinued) at K-Mart way back in 1985 when I lived in Shreveport, LA and the sticker on one of the skiens says I paid $1.28 for it. I was pregnant with my son at the time and he turned 21 yesterday 10/30/06.

I have a Charcoal, rose and a white that I was useing to make Granny Squares. A standard pattern and I even remember using a G hook. The big problem is I don't have enough of the Charcoal or Rose to really complete a good sized Afghan or even a Lapghan. I still have 3 skiens of the White left cause I used to make baby buntings with it for all the new babies being born in my circle of friends and family.

So I am inspired to complete this UFO once and for all!

My real question is;

How old is your oldest UFO or WIP? OR Can you even remember?

I have an oval table cloth that is about 10 years old. The yarn was donated from a coworkers who mother-in-law had passed away and she got it because she crocheted (I believe one) afghan, but didn't do thread, so she gave it to me. I have the pattern with it and I think the yarn... it's really big too! I think it's as long as I am tall, 5'7". But in the big ziploc bag, unfinished. I think there's a Christmas afghan in the closet that's about 5+ years old. I believe with enough yarn to finish and hook and hopefully the pattern...

So no 21 year old project... Wow that is a long time. Maybe do as many granny squares as you can and then you could even use a similar yarn or different yarn around the boarder? Or make place mats for when your son comes to dinner... ;)

Debbi

well im 16 and have been crocheting and knitting for about 4 years..maybe 5... (i learned before that, stoped for a few years, then picked it up again)

my oldest was the thing i was learning to knit... so 4 or 5 years

and i have a few 3 year old things...

Gah, I don't have any old UFOs. My thing is, if I don't feel inspired to finish something within a month or two, then I probably never will, so I either frog it or donate it to the thrift store. :rolleyes Stuff just doesn't sit around my house for very long without getting dealt with, one way or another. Now, if I had the closet or storage space, it might be a different story. :shrug

I've only been back at crocheting for a few years now. My biggest UFO was about a year old (a baby blanket) until last week when I frogged it for hats. I made him a nicer baby blanket after I put that first one down for too long, pretty soon he'll be too big for them, anyway!

I honestly don't have any WIPs in crochet at the moment. Don't ask me about stitching or sewing, though.

I Found many UFO's from when I started. Frogged some, One was a afgan with about 5 rows. Its floating around my house cause I was rearranging. One of my friends daughters came over and asked if I had any scafs done, then she picked it up and thought it was a scarf. she said they are in style right now (Think that is hint)

I have been going now for about 4 years

The oldest WIP I have is the tablecloth (from a Woolco kit) that I started while we were waiting to move into our first house - in 1988 (another time, another place). Maybe I'll try to finish it when children start leaving home (hah!)...

---------

Tracie

I started a baby blanket when my best friend fell pregnant. I think Taylah is now about... 7? I have never finished it

Archived