Who has fabric doily centers ready for crocheting?

Does anyone know any place online and in the United States that carries linen or other high quality fabric centers that already have the edging holes so you can just go ahead and crochet the trim onto them. I'm most interested in round doily centers of different sizes and runners. I found some web sites selling Zweigart Crochet Mate but haven't found a US source. Thanks everyone!

Oh wow - why couldn't you just cut your own fabric and punch little holes in it? Think of the holiday possibilities! Turkey day, Xmas, Valentines! All with their own cute lil' fabrics!

Handy Hands Tatting has them - here's the direct link to the doilies page :U

I haven't used these, but Lori, my SP in the last swap, made me a gorgeous edged handkerchief that I believe has a body from there (she introduced me to them :U).

I had never even thought of doing this, but as soon as I read your request I thought they might just be the place to go!!

I've tried making these with my sewing machine and by hand (without instructions) with not so hot results. Let's say I'm a little challenged on that kind of thing.

I remember seeing these doily blanks in stores years and years ago before I became a thread crochet addict. The fabric on these things seemed to be a little better quality than some of the bolt fabrics of today. Have no idea if those blanks were prone to unraveling on the edge though. Does anybody know?

Archived