Project Poll - Come And Weigh In!!

How do you complete your projects?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. How do you complete your projects?

• I work on many projects at one time.
    • I complete one project at a time.

Ok, I am going to give this "posting a poll" option a whirl. My family says I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disporder). Now they get this opinion from living many years with me, but one of the reasons they say I have OCD is because I will not start a new project until the project I am working on is complete. In other words I do one project at a time and I don't have WIPS (works in progress). Now I do have lists of projects that I want to complete and I sometimes purchase the yarn and print or copy the pattern and store it in a container with the yarn I want to use, (so I don't forget what I bought the yarn for - the older I get the harder it is to remember, specially when you have the stash that I do, lol:lol), but I don't have several projects started or going at the same time that I switch back and forth between.

So, how many of you:

a. Have numerous WIPS going at once; or

b. Complete one project before starting another (one project at a time)

Ok, here goes, I hope this works!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy!

I TRY to do one at a time, but sometimes I have more than one. If things go my way, it would be one at a time. I like it better that way, so I'll vote that way.

Right now I have squares waiting to be joined (with squares that friends are sending) and I'm working on another project. I got the rest cleared up and did not allow myself to start something new this weekend until I finish these. :) I have a lot of commitments and a list of things I WANT to start though!

:thinkI always WANT to have just ONE WIP,but it NEVR turns out that way:eek , this site has made me worse I believe...lol..now I want EVRY pattern I can get..like I will EVER live long enough to do them all...:hook

I have many projects unfinished, so I guess I work on more than one at a time. If I need something for a gift, I usually work on it until it's done.

I do lots of things at once-but one of each type at a time. I'll finish a hat or bag before I start a new accessory. I've usually got at least one lapghan or baby blanket going. I've got sets of kitchen items (coasters, washcloths etc.)constantly going, too.

Usually I do 1 thing at a time if I get bored with a project I'll start something else but usually never go back to that other project.I know I'm in the minority but I have trouble completing something if I step away from it for too long.

I would prefer to work on one thing at a time until it's finished...that's just how I am. I get frazzled if I feel like I've got a bunch of loose ends hanging around. However, if I'm working on an afghan, there's no way I'm lugging that thing to work with me so I can crochet during lunch. So, usually, there's a large "homebound" project and one or two small "traveling" projects. Right now, I've got an afghan going at home, a tote going at work, and a sock that travels with me. :P

I have "one of each kind" on my hooks.

I only do one pair of socks, one blanket, one whatever and don't start a new one until the old one is finished. Same for my knitting and stitching.

It is a way to stop me beginning more than finishing.

In all seriousness, I cannot conceive of just one project on the go at any given time.

I like lots of options of what I can work on and I always need a pick up and go project - mindless knit or crochet - because I visit an older lady and I can't chat and knit/crochet unless one of them is mindless (I saw that smirk in the corner over there - you're thinking of where mindless really starts... I know youse guys :D )

I am pretty OCD in some areas of my life, but not crochet. I guess b/c crochet is about my only creative outlet. My signature says it all...many WIPs. Plus, I get bored after awhile working on the same thing and switch just to have a change of pace.

I usually have a 'complicated' project going, meaning I actually have to pay attention to what I'm doing, a simple 'watch TV' type project, a 'gotta deadline' project, and sadly, a 'ain't no way!' project just laying there. Right now, the complicated is knitting a sweater, simple is an afghan, deadline is a smaller afghan, and there just ain't no way I'm even gonna think about the thousands of 3" grannies I need to sew together for best bud's blanket!

Just one project at a time?:think Gosh now that is a scarey thought!:eek I have many things going at once. I get way to bored with just one.:blush

And if I am bored I toss it aside. So instead I switch off. And I do have to have my instant gratification quickies lol. :heehee

My daughter says I have crochet ADHD lol

I do work on several projects at a time, but when I realize that I've got more than 5 projects in the works, I won't let myself start anything new until I finish a couple...I try to keep it down to 3 WIP's at a time, just so that I don't forget a project or get too overwhelmed...

Jessie

Oodles of WIP's in my baskets, BUT......I've been getting much better at disciplining myself to finish quite of few of my unfinished objects, which then frees me to start another project without all the self imposed guilt I used to feel. :clap

I'm in awe of those who can work on one thing until it's finished but that would bore me to death and drive me crazy while I was attempting to finish it, so that I could begin something else. Different strokes is what it's all about though! :hook

I guess I'm in the "very limited, but multiple going" projectsj category.

I have one very time-consuming afghan that is absolutely home-bound and unmovable because it has always has 16 balls of yarn attached to it.

I have a motif afghan in a yarntainer to take on the bus with me.

I've made a few smaller projects (mobius wrap, and caron circle jacket) lately, and am currently knitting a lacework sweater .

I think the only WIP I feel bad about not having completed is the poppin' squares one. I started it with a pattern of my own devising (yea it's not that great), before I was able to start getting pattern books. It's about half done as far as making the squares, and I've mislaid my written instructions. I'm supposed to finish the blanket to mail out for Christmas this year. I guess after I finish my sweater, I'll start digging around again for my instructions.

I try to limit my WIPs in the hopes that my tension won't change during the same project that way.

With crochet I finish one first before I begin another. But with other crafts mainly needle work I have about 4 unfinished ones in the drawer. Lost interest in them. With the doilies I can't wait to see them done they challenge me to keep on going.

Darlene

I get bored with things easily. Might be my ADHD. Plus, I carry projects with me to class and work on them between classes and if one gets too involved, I need something simpler that will fit in my bag. So, yeah, I have multiple projects at any given time (and that's not including what I have at my mother's house).

Archived