Stupid things that bug me...

I really change hooks if this happens. I thought everybody does. I couldn't stand crocheting a beautiful thing, where it took me ages to find the right color and then destroying its beauty by using a non-matching hook. I got clover hooks (golden), prym hooks (grey and ugly) and a wonderful set of american standard hooks (colored aluminium, they made me spent a lot for the shipping) - any of these fit every time.

Sorry, I can't help it, I am what you call in german "look orientated"

I don't realy pay attention to the yarn and hook together, but I do like a pretty color hook. I don't count to a specific row, but I can't put the hook down unless I finish the row I am working on wether it is 5 stitches or 15 doesn't matter to me. I also use boye hooks the most, haven't tried anything else except susan bates and the shape just threw me off, I couldn't get a rythym giong with those hooks.

Valerie

:hug Like coming home!!

Wow I feel like I belong :yay

I have 3 or 4 crochet hooks in different colors and wood so that they match.

I have a sock (you lightweight, toe blownout so I cut the toe off and made a whole for my thumb) and I wear that on the hand that holds the crochet hook so I don't get sweatie palms.

What I haven't figured out is how to get my elbow (left one that holds the project/yarn it stills on the chair arm so much that sometimes it gets sore. I tried a sock trick on that but it just chaffed. Owwie.. oh well keep tryin on that one.

:manyheart

Kidge

the color of hook and yarn don't have to match for me......but I know now i'll be thinking about it! lol

hmm, the one thing that bugs me is that the biggest hook I have, the Q hook, somehow I have completely lost it. And now i want it.

And it seems like when there's something I want to make, I can never find either the yarn I want to use or the pattern i want to use.....then I have to go back to WIP's that haunt me.......

In a crochet magazine or book, there was a pattern that asked for an M hook, so I went to wal-mart and bought one. The only one they had was those crystal lites ones, the colorful clear plastic. It's a nice purpleish color. Anyways, I get home and it says M, but it's the same measurement as the N hook I already have......9.0 or something, even though the hook is longer........it's still the same size.........weird.

I keep a small baby powder by my table when I'm crocheting and when my hands get sweaty I put a little in my hands and rub them together and the problem is solved. Plus it makes your item smell nice too ;)

Happy Halloween Everyone :devil

I never thought about that but I probably will now. The perfect excuse to get those wooden hooks I've been wanting!!:hook

Butterfly girl, I've done the same exact thing with the M and N hooks,even got the same color.:lol

Archived