new felted dream pillow, an update, and a NEW BOOK!

swweeks

Pic below of the second dream pillow I've done in Paton's SWS and felted. As most of you know, I'm really new to felting (and becoming swiftly addicted!). After the first SWS pillow and seeing how nicely the yarn striped (duh, Stephanie, didn't you get that from the name of the yarn???), I decided to try one in the round. This for an aunt of mine who is recovering from a recent heart attack. Inside are yummy lavender and jasmine and flax seed (for weight).

dreampillow_toni.jpg

In other news, my first felting project (the poncho for my dd) had to be frogged. :( $60 of yarn down the drain (except that I can make pretty roses and stuff for the next one out of it!). So, I'm now going for a jacket instead. The problem with the poncho was working it in a square. Although the 'points' ended up the right measurements, it didn't have enough drape, and the rest drew up too much for it to fit just right. Eh, I'm about halfway through the jacket and have hopes that it will be finished sometime over the weekend. :)

Finally, I bought Jane Davis' Felted Crochet. I don't know if any of you have this book, but I am in love with some of the patterns. I now have so many ideas for holiday presents, whereas before I bought this book, I was drawing 100 blanks. I can't wait to finish the girls' jackets now so that I can dig in!

As always, you guys are great. Thanks for all of your help getting me started felting!

Beautiful pillow! I love that SWS yarn. No matter what I have crocheted with it, it has always come out looking great!

Sorry to hear about your poncho, but at least is sounds like you can salvage some of the yarn!

Steff-

Which color in the SWS is that? Toni's going to love it!

Thanks! :D I hope she likes it.

As for the color, it's geranium. I couldn't decide between that and natural pink. Bought the natural pink anyway and will use it for something!

Beautiful pillow! I love that SWS yarn. No matter what I have crocheted with it, it has always come out looking great!

Sorry to hear about your poncho, but at least is sounds like you can salvage some of the yarn!

Oh, I plan to salvage as much as possible... eventually. I bought a ton of new yarns last night and now have more projects than there are hours in the day. :hook Lord knows what I'll do with it all.

Thank you for your compliments on the pillow. I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to finish these darn jackets so I can get to some more of these neat little projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey swweeks! great pillow! I like the baubles around the edge and the colour blending... very nice.

I just bought "Felted Crochet" too. Beautiful book with some great projects. I especially like the pillows and the cute little teddy bear.

My, that's a pretty pillow! I'll be anxiously awaiting some of your other felting projects. It sounds as if you are quickly becoming an expert.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered "Felted Crochet" too. Everyone's experiences and beautiful results over here have inspired me. Although, a girl runs out of hours in the day. But it's really difficult to not want to jump in when you can have the satisfaction of creating beauty.

Ann

Archived